Which Forum to Discuss "Your Phone" Issues?

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is why apps and devices need to have unique, creative names because searching for two common words "Your Phone" return useless results.

The app has frequent issues stating "We can't connect to your phone - Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the Internet" - even though both of mine are streaming videos, thus obviously connected.

If the syncing issue is "externally related" (i.e. Microsoft's servers??) then where is the best place to check for system outages and ETAs to resolution??

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
What phone and PC combo are you using and can you try with another PC? I read in another forum post that some people with 2+ PCs/laptops had problems with 1 but not the other so that's why I asked. I got a OnePlus 7T a few days ago and set up Your Phone on my desktop (Dell Optiplex 3060) yesterday. The initial setup was wonky with confusing instructions and the PC side hung at 60% for several minutes. I simply closed the app without it confirming completion, reopened it, and everything looked good. My phone's up to date messages and photos were there and texts and notifications started coming through immediately, pretty much simultaneously with the phone's notifications. Since it's only been 24 hours I'm not the best judge but I just got a couple texts as I'm typing this so it's definitely working.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Samsung S8 and Surface Pro 4.

I did log into another PC with my Microsoft account but never paired the phone with that box. I just checked and am logged out of it completely - so I'm just in a 1-to-1 setup with phone and tablet.

It's still saying can't connect - after rebooting both the phone and tablet...

Again - where to log these issues with Microsoft???

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Again - where to log these issues with Microsoft???

As with all MS apps, there's a feedback option within it. On the desktop app, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom
Your Phone app Send feedback screenshot.jpg

But since you appear to be looking for immediate help, I suggest trying with a different PC and/or on a different wireless network. If you're using a VPN, then try without it. I've seen them cause all sorts of communication problems with MS services.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This forum section is fine. I had so much trouble connecting this app to my phone to find it wasn't worth the effort.

But I would recommend uninstalling/signing out on both your phone and computer. Then download the app to your phone and set that up first before moving to your computer.

I actually had to get it working on my work PC as a test before it would magically work on my main one. But follow all the steps carefully and make sure not to miss any prompts regarding security.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium