one drive access details appearing in another computer.

onedrive55

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
I have a one drive account linked to my email address.

I access one drive form my normal computer at home.

Recently I have accessed at home some folders on one drive.

The administrator of a computer I used to use three years ago in another office and location phoned me to say that when he logs into this office computer there is information on his desk top to say which folders I have accessed at my home from one drive. this has recently happened. I have not accessed one drive form his computer for some time.

His computer is also showing some live link to one drive which I believe I have ever set up.

he can read what's in the folders.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Makes sense. You added a OneDrive account to the office PC under the PC login he's using. Assuming the OneDrive account is the one linked to your personal MS account, there's no forced password change like there is normally within a domain which would propogate the change to a MS work account's OneDrive. And if you haven't changed your personal MS account pw in the last 3 years, then he's able to view/edit your OneDrive files. I'm not sure if you're simply looking for an explanation or if you're looking for how to prevent this. If the latter, then change your personal MS account password and also ask him to delete the OneDrive account from the PC.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As @spicypadthai has said, you must have logged in to OneDrive on that other computer and never signed out, so it is constantly being updated with any changes you make to OneDrive and whoever uses the other computer has access to it. Ask them to sign you out of OneDrive by unlinking your account on that computer (ask them to go to OneDrive Settings > click the Account tab and then click Unlink this PC and follow the steps).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel