Error 0x104 when using remote desktop

cacciucco

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Surface Pro running W10 Pro, I have been trying to access remotely from an iPad using the Windows Remote Desktop app. It works perfectly if both iPad and Surface are connected to the same wifi network, otherwise when trying to connect it comes up with error 0x104. I have read lots of articles on the net and used every recommended setting with no joy. I even tried contacting Microsoft support and after wasting more than an hour on the phone I was told that the Remote Desktop is only meant to work for computers connected to the same network. Is this really the case? What is the point to access a computer remotely if you need to be at the same location? Anyone has any suggestions?
Thank you
G

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Because of a little thing called security. Both systems don't need to be at the same location but both systems must be able to communicate with each other. Since I'm assuming you're not looking to get into the weeds of this, I recommend trying LogMeIn or something similar which simplifies it greatly and should be what you want.

cacciucco

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Well, you are supposed to be able to port the router to get access from outside the network, which I have done following the Microsoft support website instructions, I have also used all other settings as directed and now get error 0x204

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, you are supposed to be able to port the router to get access from outside the network, which I have done following the Microsoft support website instructions, I have also used all other settings as directed and now get error 0x204

Does this help you or not?

https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/resolve-remote-desktop-error-code-0x204

It seems that many people have this issue, and there doesn't seem to be a permanent solution. It's probably better to use a different app on the PC to remotely connect to the Mac, like TeamViewer for example.

cacciucco

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Does this help you or not?

https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/resolve-remote-desktop-error-code-0x204

It seems that many people have this issue, and there doesn't seem to be a permanent solution. It's probably better to use a different app on the PC to remotely connect to the Mac, like TeamViewer for example.

Thank you, I have tried all the suggestions in the link but nothing works. It is bizarre that Microsoft goes to lengths to include the feature but then doesn’t worry about making it work. Back to aTeam Viewer, it does have lots of annoying pop-ups but at least it works all the time.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I have tried all the suggestions in the link but nothing works. It is bizarre that Microsoft goes to lengths to include the feature but then doesn’t worry about making it work. Back to aTeam Viewer, it does have lots of annoying pop-ups but at least it works all the time.

What version of TeamViewer do you use? If it is free then yes, it may have ads.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre