Mixed Reality - Surface Pro 7

petrozio

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I had no problem using Mixed Reality on my old Surface pro 5, though it was an i5 with 8GB RAM and a Surface dock. Now that I've updated to a SP7 i7 16GB RAM, using a Dell D600 USB-C dock, I would expect it to be even better. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Seems it has trouble connecting to my Samsung Odyssey. Perhaps it can't find the HDMI. Anyone get this working?

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem using Mixed Reality on my old Surface pro 5, though it was an i5 with 8GB RAM and a Surface dock. Now that I've updated to a SP7 i7 16GB RAM, using a Dell D600 USB-C dock, I would expect it to be even better. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Seems it has trouble connecting to my Samsung Odyssey. Perhaps it can't find the HDMI. Anyone get this working?

Yeah, I just got the Surface Pro 7 i7/16GB/256GB to replace my Surface Pro 2017 i7/8GB/256GB and I'm getting some problems like yours.

I have the Samsung HMD Odyssey and Samsung HMD Odyssey+ headsets. On the Surface Pro 2017, basic games like Space Pirate Trainer ran very well. On the new SP7, the same games run well too.

However, with the SP2017, SteamVR was workable. But with my new SP7, I get this annoying flickering. And the performance is definitely worse than the SP2017.

In terms of your problems, I use a USB C to HDMI adapter. I don't use a hub. Of course, with the Surface Pro 2017, I used a mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos