Set Up Onedrive For Exams

canadiansal

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I am a teacher, and usually when we use the School's Computers to administer exams, we give each student an Exam Account. So they will each have a special account to log into a computer. On each of those accounts My Document drives, we would place the starter files that they manipulate during the exam. We are also able to monitor their computer amnd turn off internet etc.

We recently switch to a BYOD arrangement and I was wondering if we can use one-drive to achieve the same above - without the monitoring and limited internet access etc. Wondering if there are any insights out there.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am a teacher, and usually when we use the School's Computers to administer exams, we give each student an Exam Account. So they will each have a special account to log into a computer. On each of those accounts My Document drives, we would place the starter files that they manipulate during the exam. We are also able to monitor their computer amnd turn off internet etc.

We recently switch to a BYOD arrangement and I was wondering if we can use one-drive to achieve the same above - without the monitoring and limited internet access etc. Wondering if there are any insights out there.

Couldn't you create one main folder with all the subfolders for each student containing their material in your OneDrive account, then give out the specific links using OneDrive for each student? That way each student just clicks the link and opens their specific folder stored on your OneDrive (or one main Onedrive shared with your school).

canadiansal

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Couldn't you create one main folder with all the subfolders for each student containing their material in your OneDrive account, then give out the specific links using OneDrive for each student? That way each student just clicks the link and opens their specific folder stored on your OneDrive (or one main Onedrive shared with your school).

Thanks you - thats a great idea. Question though - I have about 1000 students - is there a way to automate the account creation and link generation? Or do I have to manually do this 1000 times?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks you - thats a great idea. Question though - I have about 1000 students - is there a way to automate the account creation and link generation? Or do I have to manually do this 1000 times?

You would create one main folder, and, ideally, create an email group with all the students in it, and share that one link with that single email group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss