Best Portable Budget Laptop With 16GB of RAM

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey friends!

So I am looking for a reliable tablet computer or ultrabook (2-in-1 is ok) that is budget friendly with at least 16GB of RAM.

My workflow involves running several programs at once (usually MS Office programs with Slack so no Chromebooks) with several Chrome tabs open as well. I don't need power performance for coding or editing or anything, just fast RAM. I don't really need storage either as all my files are on the cloud.

My primary needs are 1). Budget friendly 2). Good keyboard (I'm a writer) 3). Fast RAM (for reasons stated above) 4). Portability.

For reference, this would be my work computer so I would be using it as my primary work device (hence the reliability).

Any recommendations would be most welcome!

Thanks everyone!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
A few counter questions:
Why exactly the fast, and 16 GB RAM? If you are using a prebuilt PC, there is usually a lot of bloat starts on boot. Cut those out, and you might see a speed increase.
What device are you using right now? I'm mainly looking at if you have an SSD or not. This can also speed up the PC.
Which programs?
What is your budget?

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

Well I guess it doesn't have to be the fastest available, just good enough to keep up with my multiple programs and Chrome tabs running at once. Unfortunately this would be a work computer so my company would have to put their required stuff on it.

I'm currently using an HP ProBook. It does have an SSD which is helpful for the speeds but it's mainly the multitasking where I'm seeing the issues.

All the main MS programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote) as well as Teams, Slack, and average 15-20 Chrome tabs running.

Budget: Min - $800, Max - $1500

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz