A piece of crap

pshanson

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
Ever since I got to Mexico for a 2 month vacation, my Surface Pro 7 has been SLOW to open, constantly freezing and jumping randomly.. I run Kaspersky all the time and it has been driving me crazy. I spend 3-5 times as much as normal working in PS Elements 2020 as I should. I continually need to alt-ctrl-del to open task manager. I don't need to do anything in TM, but when I go back to my job, the computer works for 2 or three jobs then freezes again. What is going on?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got to Mexico for a 2 month vacation, my Surface Pro 7 has been SLOW to open, constantly freezing and jumping randomly.. I run Kaspersky all the time and it has been driving me crazy. I spend 3-5 times as much as normal working in PS Elements 2020 as I should. I continually need to alt-ctrl-del to open task manager. I don't need to do anything in TM, but when I go back to my job, the computer works for 2 or three jobs then freezes again. What is going on?

You should run a few AV scans such as Malwarebytes, Trend Micro's Housecall as well also the now defunct 'hijackthis' might help identify the root cause of the issue.

It may very well be a cumulative windows update that got installed near or during your vacation.

Also as @Laura Knotek mentioned it could be related to Kaspersky as I have seen it hog up system resources (as in all of it) as the subscripton end draws to a close.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Could be either a virus, or some piece of software chewing up system resources. Have a look for high resource apps under the taskmanager and run a malware/virus check.

Make sure your drives aren't overly full (full system drive will cause slow downs).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3