Ever since I got to Mexico for a 2 month vacation, my Surface Pro 7 has been SLOW to open, constantly freezing and jumping randomly.. I run Kaspersky all the time and it has been driving me crazy. I spend 3-5 times as much as normal working in PS Elements 2020 as I should. I continually need to alt-ctrl-del to open task manager. I don't need to do anything in TM, but when I go back to my job, the computer works for 2 or three jobs then freezes again. What is going on?
    01-26-2020 10:38 PM
    Perhaps your issue is due to Kaspersky antivirus. Have you tried another more lightweight antivirus such as Windows Defender?
    aximtreo and Annie_M like this.
    01-27-2020 12:25 AM
    Ever since I got to Mexico for a 2 month vacation, my Surface Pro 7 has been SLOW to open, constantly freezing and jumping randomly.. I run Kaspersky all the time and it has been driving me crazy. I spend 3-5 times as much as normal working in PS Elements 2020 as I should. I continually need to alt-ctrl-del to open task manager. I don't need to do anything in TM, but when I go back to my job, the computer works for 2 or three jobs then freezes again. What is going on?
    You should run a few AV scans such as Malwarebytes, Trend Micro's Housecall as well also the now defunct 'hijackthis' might help identify the root cause of the issue.

It may very well be a cumulative windows update that got installed near or during your vacation.

Also as @Laura Knotek mentioned it could be related to Kaspersky as I have seen it hog up system resources (as in all of it) as the subscripton end draws to a close.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-27-2020 04:29 AM
    Could be either a virus, or some piece of software chewing up system resources. Have a look for high resource apps under the taskmanager and run a malware/virus check.

Make sure your drives aren't overly full (full system drive will cause slow downs).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2020 09:25 AM
    I continually need to alt-ctrl-del to open task manager.
    When you do open Task Manager again, right-click the icon in the taskbar and select "Pin To Taskbar".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-28-2020 05:09 PM
    It definitely sounds like it could be antivirus related. But open up Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and disable all that is enabled until you find the bottleneck.
    01-30-2020 11:53 PM