How can I get rid of adware on my phone?

lorenaustin

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
I have an Nokia Lumia 520 phone and I use Internet Explorer. Over the past few months I've noticed that when I've been browsing sites on my phone that it would freeze and crash. Then when I look back on my history it comes up with "trc.taboola". I've looked all over the place for answers as to how I can get rid of it, but all I find are pages on how to get rid of it on computers (via anti-virus software) or that my phone shouldn't have this bug as the only way you can download things is from the Microsoft website. But even if that's true it doesn't help because it do have this bug!

Is there anyway that I can get rid of this without getting a new phone? (I've tried looking for scanning software for this phone but of the two that exist they don't seem to work. And as I've heard, there basically isn't any because it isn't needed).

Thanks!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an Nokia Lumia 520 phone and I use Internet Explorer. Over the past few months I've noticed that when I've been browsing sites on my phone that it would freeze and crash. Then when I look back on my history it comes up with "trc.taboola". I've looked all over the place for answers as to how I can get rid of it, but all I find are pages on how to get rid of it on computers (via anti-virus software) or that my phone shouldn't have this bug as the only way you can download things is from the Microsoft website. But even if that's true it doesn't help because it do have this bug!

Is there anyway that I can get rid of this without getting a new phone? (I've tried looking for scanning software for this phone but of the two that exist they don't seem to work. And as I've heard, there basically isn't any because it isn't needed).

Thanks!

You could get technical and edit the hosts file of your phone and add the entry below to it to block the ads:

127.0.0.1 taboola.com

But please, backup your phone first, and then use the guide here to update your registry (it's technical - DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!):

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/windows-10-phone-host-file.12834/

Alternatively, if you don't want to do that, factory reset your phone instead, much safer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6