Taming Windows Defender - How To Allow Unrecognized Apps On My PC

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For many years, I have used Rainlendar-Lite as a desktop calendar app with Windows. Recently they advised me of a new version being available, so I downloaded the installer and tried to run it, first the normal way and then with Administrator privileges. In every case, Windows Defender blocks the executable because it doesn't recognize the publisher.

I scanned the install program with Webroot SecureAnywhere v 9.0 and it found no problem. I noticed that Windows Defender is using Public Network settings on my computer, which is NOT connected to a public network, but the settings look exactly the same.

Previously, Windows gave me the option to take responsibility for running unrecognized apps on my system, but apparently that option has been taken away. What is the best way to regain control over my system?

Windows Version 1909 Build 18363.592

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For many years, I have used Rainlendar-Lite as a desktop calendar app with Windows. Recently they advised me of a new version being available, so I downloaded the installer and tried to run it, first the normal way and then with Administrator privileges. In every case, Windows Defender blocks the executable because it doesn't recognize the publisher.

I scanned the install program with Webroot SecureAnywhere v 9.0 and it found no problem. I noticed that Windows Defender is using Public Network settings on my computer, which is NOT connected to a public network, but the settings look exactly the same.

Previously, Windows gave me the option to take responsibility for running unrecognized apps on my system, but apparently that option has been taken away. What is the best way to regain control over my system?

Windows Version 1909 Build 18363.592

Are you sure the option has been taken away? Typically you have to expand the Windows Defender notification and there's a small link at the bottom to continue.

Can you provide a screenshot please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs