In my windows update it has given me the option to download and install. I have not clicked on it out of concern about the issues I read in your article. It is June 17 are the issues still present? Or have they been resolved making the update safe? Or should I wait as long as possible?
    06-17-2020 08:27 AM
    Short answer, "maybe", long answer, depends on many things, but since you're being presented the option, MS at least believes your PC is ready for it. I suggest reviewing the MS support page's list of issues and then deciding. There's not much in 2004 so unless you're itching to try new Cortana or you must have nameable/saveable virtual desktops, I suggest holding off for a bit.
    06-17-2020 11:38 AM
    generally it is safe but as with any updates there could be issues, especially with older computers.
    06-17-2020 02:20 PM
    In my windows update it has given me the option to download and install. I have not clicked on it out of concern about the issues I read in your article. It is June 17 are the issues still present? Or have they been resolved making the update safe? Or should I wait as long as possible?
    , if stability is most important and you either have old hardware or 'exotic' hardware (e.g. surface book) than wait a month with big updates.
    06-18-2020 05:11 AM
    Updates are usually fine. MS has got much better at it now.
    07-05-2020 06:47 PM