I have a Surface Pro that has just started to randomly shut down. It isn't the battery getting low as it is connected to the mains when it happens. Since purchasing new about 3-4 years ago I never had any issues at all, just recently this issue has been happening more frequently. I power it back up by holding the power button in for 30 seconds as recommended and haven't had to use the second option of volume up and power simultaneously for 15 seconds yet.
    I have to confess that I have been using the SP alt with an Epsom Pro scanner when the shut down has been happening and don't know if for some reason it is causing the issue, but surely it shouldn't but thought I would add this info to the post.
    07-08-2020 02:54 PM
    I have a Surface Pro that has just started to randomly shut down. It isn't the battery getting low as it is connected to the mains when it happens. Since purchasing new about 3-4 years ago I never had any issues at all, just recently this issue has been happening more frequently. I power it back up by holding the power button in for 30 seconds as recommended and haven't had to use the second option of volume up and power simultaneously for 15 seconds yet.
    I have to confess that I have been using the SP alt with an Epsom Pro scanner when the shut down has been happening and don't know if for some reason it is causing the issue, but surely it shouldn't but thought I would add this info to the post.
    , a fresh reinstall / reset of Windows 10 might help, maybe something that was installed for the Epsom Pro scanner corrupted the Windows 10 installation.

To reset the device -> Settings -> Updates -> Recovery -> Reset this pc. (to be on the safe side, make a backup of your important files!)
    07-21-2020 08:52 AM
    I also second resetting it and reinstalling Windows as a start.
    07-24-2020 06:58 PM