Excluding drives with Windows 7 Image Backup

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried to create an image backup of my system drive on am external drive (with a much parger partition too), but the Image Backup insists on including several partitions of the secondary drive.

Capture.PNG

Drives D: and V: are on the same disk as drive S:. I want neither of them to be part of the image.

Any idea how I can exclude them?

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I did.

The reason I wanted to use Windows 7 Image Backup was because I thought I could restore using just a Windows 10 boot stick. I use AOMEI for normal backups and can also use AOMEI for image backups to a secondary disk. But then I need an AOMEI-specific boot stick, which I have created.

AOMEI lets me choose the disks and I tested that it works.

I am still wondering why Windows 7 Image Backup insists that I backup another TB of data though.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems that your S and V drives are selected as they are marked as System. Windows backs these up as default. You could try and change them so that they are not marked as System by the OS. But this may affect something else down the line. Did the other backup systems work as you would expect? What about something like Easus Todo Backup?

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems that your S and V drives are selected as they are marked as System. Windows backs these up as default. You could try and change them so that they are not marked as System by the OS. But this may affect something else down the line. Did the other backup systems work as you would expect? What about something like Easus Todo Backup?

Yes, they are marked as System. In don't know why though. I don't know how to change that. It doesn't appear to be an attribute that can be set or unset in diskpart.

AOMEI backup works. I am using that. I just thought I could use a built-in tool in order to restore without a special boot stick containing third-party software. But AOMEI works well.

I will look at Easus. Ta.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs