Astro C40 gaming controller driver issue

Drew3967

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Since windows version 2004 came out my Astro C40 gaming controller no longer is supported, it used to work fine if I opened device manager and clicked update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of available drivers, then I would choose xbox 360 peripherals, then xbox 360 controller for windows. after doing so the controller was fully functional. since the 2004 update it no longer works and my $300 controller is useless, thousands of people have the same issue. I hope when version 20H2 comes out you include a fix for this controller. If you have any work arounds for this issue let me know.

Thankyou.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Since windows version 2004 came out my Astro C40 gaming controller no longer is supported, it used to work fine if I opened device manager and clicked update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of available drivers, then I would choose xbox 360 peripherals, then xbox 360 controller for windows. after doing so the controller was fully functional. since the 2004 update it no longer works and my $300 controller is useless, thousands of people have the same issue. I hope when version 20H2 comes out you include a fix for this controller. If you have any work arounds for this issue let me know.

Thankyou.

Silly question, but what happens when you install their official software below? I imagine they would also include the required drivers.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-us/support/software.html

Drew3967

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Astro's configuration software doesn't recognize the controller without the windows Astrogaming usb driver in working condition, which at the moment seems to think the controller is a sound device only, after speaking to Astro gaming support today I called Microsoft, they said there is no work around and have to wait for the windows update developers to address the issue. so it's buy a cheapo to get buy time for me until they fix it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Astro's configuration software doesn't recognize the controller without the windows Astrogaming usb driver in working condition, which at the moment seems to think the controller is a sound device only, after speaking to Astro gaming support today I called Microsoft, they said there is no work around and have to wait for the windows update developers to address the issue. so it's buy a cheapo to get buy time for me until they fix it.

That's not good. Hopefully they can fix it at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb