Onenote notes all gone

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
After using OneNote on my mobile only for years I noticed that OneNote on Windows 10 didn't contain the same notes. Turns out Microsoft have decided to delete my notes and the OneNote app for Android never mentioned to me that it didn't sync any more (it showed sync was working, always).

During the process of finding out what happened I had logged out and back in on the Android app and now it also doesn't have any notes any more.

Any ideas how to get back the notes?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
After using OneNote on my mobile only for years I noticed that OneNote on Windows 10 didn't contain the same notes. Turns out Microsoft have decided to delete my notes and the OneNote app for Android never mentioned to me that it didn't sync any more (it showed sync was working, always).

During the process of finding out what happened I had logged out and back in on the Android app and now it also doesn't have any notes any more.

Any ideas how to get back the notes?
, so do you still have to access to the notes on eg a Windows Phone or whatever mobile device you used? If so than backup/export them and re-import them manually in the new OneNote (not entirely sure what your options are here but maybe import from .rtf or such or some merge option perhaps).

If you do not have access to the notes at all and also do not have a backup laying somewhere perhaps double check if it is not somewhere on OneDrive, MicroSD card or external hdd etc. If the is answer no to that than you could try contact MS and see if they still have a backup and in the future always make backups (regardless of the app).

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also... log into OneNote from a computer and pull up your notebook. Check that you don't have multiple notebooks showing. When our company upgraded our Office services recently everything in my OneNote file was gone. I found that it had created a separate 'new' notebook, but my previous one was still there under "My Notebooks".

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
, so do you still have to access to the notes on eg a Windows Phone or whatever mobile device you used? If so than backup/export them and re-import them manually in the new OneNote (not entirely sure what your options are here but maybe import from .rtf or such or some merge option perhaps).

If you do not have access to the notes at all and also do not have a backup laying somewhere perhaps double check if it is not somewhere on OneDrive, MicroSD card or external hdd etc. If the is answer no to that than you could try contact MS and see if they still have a backup and in the future always make backups (regardless of the app).

No. When the Android app (finally) synced (which it had apparently not done for two years without telling me) it "synced" to the nothing that all the other computers had started seeing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte