Watch the June 24Windows 11 event right here

I can't find the 'Open With' option in the context menu after right-clicking on any file in Windows 10. I'm not sure it's gone after upgrading to Windows 10, but I want to restore the functionality of its 'Open With' feature. Another problem is that I've noticed that accessing the Internet using mobile data to Windows 10 via WiFi Hotspot consumes mobile data faster than before, where I access the most is Spotify. I find that Windows 10 automatic updates are one of the main sources and even the various metro apps use a lot of data. How to disable it?
    Last edited by Brian Dua; 06-14-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    06-08-2021 01:54 AM
    Are you selecting single files? For the most part, I am able to use open with for many file types. There are a couple exceptions, I just can't think of what they are for me.

I know folders won't give you that option.
    06-08-2021 09:43 AM
    Hi. For your internet data consumption problem just disable windows update for 7 days. Type "Check for Updates" in search box and open you find "Pause Update for 7 Days" option, by clicking your updates pause for 7 days except your windows defender security definitions.

For your Open With & Context Menu problem try System File Checker. To do this simply right click on Windows icon on taskbar there you find the option of "Windows PowerShell (Admin) open it and type "sfc /scannow" when complete restart the computer hopefully your problem will be solved. If No then...

Again open "Windows PowerShell (Admin) type "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when complete simply restart your computer. Hopefully your problem will be solved.

Regards,
    Hassan Gilani
    (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
    06-09-2021 04:47 PM
    I can't find the 'Open With' option in the context menu after right-clicking on any file in Windows 10. I'm not sure it's gone after upgrading to Windows 10, but I want to restore its 'Open With' feature. Another problem is that I noticed that accessing the Internet using mobile data to Windows 10 via WiFi Hotspot consumes mobile data faster than before. I find that Windows 10 automatic updates are one of the main sources and even the various metro apps use a lot of data. How to disable it?
    Looks like something went awry in the upgrade as it should be there - have you tried sfc /scannow in cmd?

In regards to the WiFi Hotspot, you can manually set a connection as a metered connection and it should stop downloading updates (as by default it's set to not download updates over a metered connection) when connected using the aforesaid connection.

Right click the Wifi Icon --> Network & Internet settings --> properties --> set as metered connection.
    06-09-2021 11:00 PM
    You need to select the file first and make a right click. If it doesn't appear, try to reset your computer.
    06-09-2021 11:14 PM