How do I get notifications on Posts/Comments I've made?

DouttJ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought I used to get notifications when someone made a comment about a comment I made on a story or a Post I made in the Forum. But I can't find where that option is. And I used to be able to look at past comments I've made on stories I would like to revisit, but can't seem to do that anymore. Are these features now gone?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought I used to get notifications when someone made a comment about a comment I made on a story or a Post I made in the Forum. But I can't find where that option is. And I used to be able to look at past comments I've made on stories I would like to revisit, but can't seem to do that anymore. Are these features now gone?

Depends on whether or not they quoted you or if you subscribed to the thread.

If you want to view all your posts: http://forums.windowscentral.com/se...d=170502&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1 Alternatively, you can click on 'Participated'

You can check your notification settings here - https://forums.windowscentral.com/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options

You can check your subscribed threads here - https://forums.windowscentral.com/subscription.php Alternatively, you can click on 'Subscribed' (in order to subscribe to a tread go to 'Tools' at the top of the thread, and choose 'subscribe to this thread'.

DouttJ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Those are great thanks, but I guess there is no way to look at your past comment posts on past stories like we used to be able to do. In the past I could click on my name in the comment area and it would take me to a list of all my comments on any story present or past (like a history page). Unless I'm still overlooking it. Thanks again.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
Those are great thanks, but I guess there is no way to look at your past comment posts on past stories like we used to be able to do. In the past I could click on my name in the comment area and it would take me to a list of all my comments on any story present or past (like a history page). Unless I'm still overlooking it. Thanks again.

are you talking about in the blog or the forum? In the blog you are right, imo, there is no longer a reason to post comments since there is no way to know when someone responds to them unless you track down the article. IMO, responses are important since sometimes it shows a different view of things or provide additional info.

DouttJ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
On the blog. And your right. I was going to post a few times today and passed on it because I'm tired of keeping track of what I've made comments on and waiting for replies. I like to see others point of views like you mentioned, it's very informative. But now I have six tabs open on different stories checking them every once in awhile to see if I have any comments on my comments, too much work.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
On the blog. And your right. I was going to post a few times today and passed on it because I'm tired of keeping track of what I've made comments on and waiting for replies. I like to see others point of views like you mentioned, it's very informative. But now I have six tabs open on different stories checking them every once in awhile to see if I have any comments on my comments, too much work.

You should still be able to visit: https://www.windowscentral.com/users/douttj and view all your comments and forum posts made but yeah, no notifications for the blog comments.

DouttJ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess now comes the dumb question. Why (no notifications on blog comments)? I guess maybe too technical or costs more to run. And next question, is it something that may be in the near future? Would it help if I bought some merchandise from your store like a mug or t-shirt? Thanks for your reply's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb