Welcome!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm a proud early owner of the T100. Let's make this section of the forum a great place for folks either thinking about getting a T100, or for those who have one to share all the cool stuff about it. It is an incredible bargain, and is a lot more capable hybrid than people think!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm a proud early owner of the T100. Let's make this section of the forum a great place for folks either thinking about getting a T100, or for those who have one to share all the cool stuff about it. It is an incredible bargain, and is a lot more capable hybrid than people think!

So is this an RT tablet? How well does that sweet looking keyboard work?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So is this an RT tablet? How well does that sweet looking keyboard work?

this is full Windows 8.1 @$350 for the 32GB and $400 for the 64GB (that's the one I have) - with the dock and the free key for Office included. I picked mine up from newegg.com and took the free shipping (got in in under 4 days)...

The keyboard is decent. I did a short review I posted in the WPC challenge thread. When I a free moment in my GF's place I'll post a more through version of the review. Bottom line, it is worth it,

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am late to the Windows Pro Tablet world. I had a Surface RT before but never a PRO tablet till yesterday. My experience with the Surface RT was that it was just to slow for me. My PC needs to move as fast as I can think or I will forget what I am doing. I picked up a Surface Pro 1 used. I got it yesterday. I am really digging it. It performers just as well as my Toshiba Laptop. I have a nice laptop with an I7 processer with 8gb of ram but its not a touch screen. I am finding that my Surface Pro is just as fast as my laptop. How are you finding the T100 to be is it fast does it run smoothly?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Considering how light Win8.1 is, the two should perform as smoothly as each other, with the Surface Pro performing more quickly in terms of booting up and in terms of running really heavy desktop programs.

Also, Dave, how much was your Surface Pro?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I am late to the Windows Pro Tablet world. I had a Surface RT before but never a PRO tablet till yesterday. My experience with the Surface RT was that it was just to slow for me. My PC needs to move as fast as I can think or I will forget what I am doing. I picked up a Surface Pro 1 used. I got it yesterday. I am really digging it. It performers just as well as my Toshiba Laptop. I have a nice laptop with an I7 processer with 8gb of ram but its not a touch screen. I am finding that my Surface Pro is just as fast as my laptop. How are you finding the T100 to be is it fast does it run smoothly?

It's a quad core Bay Trail Chip - the slower of the two chips out. This thing flies. I wanted to get the Asus Smart Tab but decided to wait and boy, this thing smokes the Smart Tab. I've got no hiccups or lag when I use it. None. Basic stuff it is the smoothest thing I've used in a while.

Now, I haven't fully pushed it yet because for right now, it's by only functioning computer...i need to buy a new monitor for my desktop and my netbook is well, slow and used for emergencies only.

One of the few things I've seen so far I don't like with it is that the discharge rate in sleep mode is a little higher than I'd like. I haven't been able to test the transfer rate but the reviews have said that the eMMC internal memory is a weakness here. Remember, this is a $350/$400 tablet so corners had to be cut.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Considering how light Win8.1 is, the two should perform as smoothly as each other, with the Surface Pro performing more quickly in terms of booting up and in terms of running really heavy desktop programs.

Also, Dave, how much was your Surface Pro?

I traded a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini for it. I traded other stuff for them. I had about $600 tied up in the deal. Not a bad trade for a Surface Pro 64gb

It's a quad core Bay Trail Chip - the slower of the two chips out. This thing flies. I wanted to get the Asus Smart Tab but decided to wait and boy, this thing smokes the Smart Tab. I've got no hiccups or lag when I use it. None. Basic stuff it is the smoothest thing I've used in a while.

Now, I haven't fully pushed it yet because for right now, it's by only functioning computer...i need to buy a new monitor for my desktop and my netbook is well, slow and used for emergencies only.

One of the few things I've seen so far I don't like with it is that the discharge rate in sleep mode is a little higher than I'd like. I haven't been able to test the transfer rate but the reviews have said that the eMMC internal memory is a weakness here. Remember, this is a $350/$400 tablet so corners had to be cut.

WOW! Sounds like a great device. That keyboard looks sweet. That price! Man that's a sweet price for a PRO tablet. Maybe next time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I traded a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini for it. I traded other stuff for them. I had about $600 tied up in the deal. Not a bad trade for a Surface Pro 64gb

WOW! Sounds like a great device. That keyboard looks sweet. That price! Man that's a sweet price for a PRO tablet. Maybe next time.

Nice trade. You've got to really like the Surface to trade an iPhone 5s as a part of the deal to get one.

I mean, I wouldn't run apps like a Photoshop on the T100. AnandTech was right about that. Still for the sub $400 price point, it is very good. Looks like between that and Dell's Venue 8 Pro, there are 2 compelling full Windows 8 models.

Last edited:

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the 64 gig one for Christmas. I am hoping that down the road we can pop them open and put a 128 gig eemc in them. Someone in another forum said in Europe they are going to have keyboards with larger drives in them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the 64 gig one for Christmas. I am hoping that down the road we can pop them open and put a 128 gig eemc in them. Someone in another forum said in Europe they are going to have keyboards with larger drives in them.

I read something similar recently. Lets hope...would love the extra storage. I saw something recently too saying that newegg.com (where I bought mine) has a deal to get the 64GB model a $359 when you use a coupon...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
WP_20131118_001.jpg

I saw this on my way to catch a train on the Upper East Side in NYC. I took this with my 8X and figured I'd share it. This sums up how I, and I think many T100 owners feel so to this point - although it is good for MORE than just work...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb