09-17-2014 03:04 AM
95 1234
tools
    Christmas money has come and gone and a new T100 is on its way. Unfortunately, most of it was Best Buy gift cards. So, it's only the 32GB version, but I just noticed that the 64 is up on their site just not available yet. HOPEFULLY, it's available before the 15th and I can straight up trade in the 32 for the 64!
    Let's hope so. I didn't buy mine at Best Buy because they were taking too long to get it...
    12-30-2013 10:36 PM
    It's available online for sale now. That means straight up trade in when the 32GB gets here! Yeah buddy! Hopefully they have one in store so I don't have to wait another week or so for shipping.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-31-2013 11:28 AM
    It's available online for sale now. That means straight up trade in when the 32GB gets here! Yeah buddy! Hopefully they have one in store so I don't have to wait another week or so for shipping.
    Let us know if you do get it. I've owned the 64GB model from the beginning and I've loved it.
    01-04-2014 07:58 AM
    I have played with one of the demos at a nearby Microsoft Store. Can't say I'm impressed, nor can't say I'm disappointed. But at the price range it offers a LOT of worth!
    01-05-2014 04:43 PM
    I have played with one of the demos at a nearby Microsoft Store. Can't say I'm impressed, nor can't say I'm disappointed. But at the price range it offers a LOT of worth!
    That's the key here. The T100 is great value for money at its price range. Having used one since the end October I will still say it is a great buy. The keyboard is still a weakness for me, but once I turned off all the gestures from the track pad it became almost useable. So pretty much two months later all the points in my initial review hold true. Overall, very happy I bought it.
    abel920 likes this.
    01-05-2014 11:45 PM
    Played with the 32 more before I brought it back to Best Buy. My 64gb should be here by Friday. I also got in on their 5% rewards because I ordered the 64 on the 4th. So between my rewards and a best buy gift card safety award from work, my 64gb flash drive is going to be practically free (~$10).
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-06-2014 10:28 AM
    Can the screen at all be used outside?
    02-08-2014 12:57 PM
    For having such a low nits rating, it's actually surprisingly bright. Now are you going to be standing in direct sunlight and have it overpower direct glare? No. But turning away from the sun and angled away from any glare, I've got no problems using it. I'm very happy with that aspect!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-10-2014 06:17 PM
    Just bought one of these. My business trips can last weeks, and I find myself in places where a broken laptop would be inconvenient*. So, the thought of something that could serve as both a travel tablet and a backup PC appealed to me. I'm liking the device, and Windows 8.1, so far.

Alternatives? Well Surface RT isn't an option since it can't run things like WinSCP, Xming and various other desktop only tools. The Dell Venue 11 looks fantastic, but for the T100 I was able to walk into a local Argos and hand over 75 worth of gift vouchers plus the balance.

* Getting a cheap laptop replacement in Harare, or a laptop with an English keyboard in DRC or Cte d'Ivoire, are not trivial things to do. I've had Dells go bang, and even an Eee PC is a godsend when that happens.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-17-2014 01:47 PM
    Just bought one of these. My business trips can last weeks, and I find myself in places where a broken laptop would be inconvenient*. So, the thought of something that could serve as both a travel tablet and a backup PC appealed to me. I'm liking the device, and Windows 8.1, so far.

Alternatives? Well Surface RT isn't an option since it can't run things like WinSCP, Xming and various other desktop only tools. The Dell Venue 11 looks fantastic, but for the T100 I was able to walk into a local Argos and hand over 75 worth of gift vouchers plus the balance.

* Getting a cheap laptop replacement in Harare, or a laptop with an English keyboard in DRC or Cte d'Ivoire, are not trivial things to do. I've had Dells go bang, and even an Eee PC is a godsend when that happens.
    Four months later, I still love mine. Yes there are certain things that will cause it to lag, and I wish Office was better optimized, but it runs good and Asus has done a nice job of updating it. The battery life is still stellar for me. I don't regret getting it.
    02-19-2014 09:01 PM
    Just bought one of these a couple days ago. Am very impressed so far, but haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces just yet. Looking forward to it, though.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-20-2014 08:42 AM
    Just bought one of these a couple days ago. Am very impressed so far, but haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces just yet. Looking forward to it, though.
    Cool. Welcome! Be sure to let us know your impressions on it after you put it through its paces...
    02-23-2014 08:07 PM
    Hey guys.

Whats this badboy like for live streaming? I will be doing a lot of it through this if i get it. I've been eyeing it up for a while!

Thanks
    02-25-2014 04:48 AM
    No issues. The Baytrail has plenty of processing power and 4GB of RAM is enough. So, the only limit is your internet connection.
    02-26-2014 12:07 PM
    No issues. The Baytrail has plenty of processing power and 4GB of RAM is enough. So, the only limit is your internet connection.
    Thanks. Thinking about getting one in the next week or two. Seems that its all 32GB versions available in the UK, what i've seen anyway.
    02-26-2014 01:33 PM
    Just a four month update on my T100. It has blown away more IPad users than I can count. Pissed of a bunch of Surface owners when they here what it cost. And the Android crowd just shakes their heads and walk away. On a serious note. My T100 has never failed to impress me. The battery life is still incredible. It has proven to be WAY more portable than I could have imagined. I don't take my charger to work any more as it will hang in there all day. This thing streams awesome and it runs XBMC like it was made for it. With the addition of a Unified keyboard and mouse, it has taken place of my Desktop at work. Need to got to a meeting? I pop it off the dock, switch to the Metro GUI and it's rock and roll time.

I have a HDMI to HDMI mini adapter. And have run Power Point presentations to overhead projectors. I hear nothing but accolades on how well the T100 pulled it off. The best part is most people can't see the T100 tablet lying on the conference table. I was asked once just what the heck was running the presentation. One meeting I stuck it in a manila folder. People wanted to know who the heck made a manila computer. It was kinda funny seeing the hdmi cable running out of the folder. My Windows Phone has been a great addition with the T100. It's my remote control for the T100. Absolutely no regrets! Asus hit a home run and has turned the entire Netbook\Tablet industry upside down with the T100 IMHO. The comments and questions I get just never stop! At this price point you can't go wrong!
    MSFTisMIA, MA83 and allymorrison70 like this.
    02-27-2014 10:07 PM
    I still haven't bought one yet, but im struggling to find reasons not to now!
    MA83 and mstrblueskys like this.
    03-14-2014 03:24 PM
    What do you all think of using thus to replace a Surface RT?
    I'm late to the game with this, but do it!
    03-18-2014 04:30 PM
    I still haven't bought one yet, but im struggling to find reasons not to now!
    I got a 32GB this weekend from MicroCenter for $280. It's brilliant! I think it's for sure the best device you can buy for the money. I think only Acer and Asus, and now maybe Dell are playing in this price range. You may find a bigger screen, but you won't get anywhere near the battery life, and you'll likely be stuck with expensive replacement chargers should yours break or get chewed or whatever may befall it.

I had RT tablets and being able to install anything is such a relief. No more monkeying with programs. Ah, seriously, I can't recommend this tablet enough.
    03-18-2014 04:34 PM
    IDK where you found one with 4GB of ram, but yeah, Baytrail is a HUGE upgrade to clovertrail and even though mine is 2GB of ram, I still don't notice any lag whatsoever.
    03-18-2014 04:35 PM
    Hey guys.

Whats this badboy like for live streaming? I will be doing a lot of it through this if i get it. I've been eyeing it up for a while!

Thanks
    It's awesome, unless you're trying to pull 4k or something crazy. I use this a lot when I'm playing online videos on the TV. I love it because I can stream a movie or two without being plugged in and without the thing dying on me.
    allymorrison70 likes this.
    03-18-2014 04:36 PM
    Also, sorry for tearing this thread up for a minute. Haha, I'm slowly transitioning from Android tablets because Windows 8.1 devices are really where it's at.
    03-18-2014 04:38 PM
    It's awesome, unless you're trying to pull 4k or something crazy. I use this a lot when I'm playing online videos on the TV. I love it because I can stream a movie or two without being plugged in and without the thing dying on me.
    Sounds to like this would be ideal for me. I've got a 20mb internet connection so that wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably only be live streaming in standard definition and HD on netflix.

Have you connected it up to a TV using hdmi yet? I plan to probably watch stuff that way.

Thanks
    03-18-2014 04:53 PM
    is the memory upgradeable? Or am i stuck with 2GB if thats the version i buy?
    03-18-2014 05:10 PM
    Sounds to like this would be ideal for me. I've got a 20mb internet connection so that wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably only be live streaming in standard definition and HD on netflix.

Have you connected it up to a TV using hdmi yet? I plan to probably watch stuff that way.

Thanks
    Yeah, that's usually how I do it. For whatever reason, I can't get it so that the screen turns off while it's connected to the TV, but you can turn your brightness all the way down and spin it. That's all I do. Just make sure you have the right HDMI cable.

And I don't think they make a 4GB version. As far as I have read, the processor they use in this tablet is limited to 2GB. That being said, it's no issue at all as far as I have used it. It's surprisingly responsive.
    03-18-2014 05:23 PM
95 1234