My Asus T100 Review - A Versatile Workhorse

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just bought one of these a couple days ago. Am very impressed so far, but haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces just yet. Looking forward to it, though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just bought one of these a couple days ago. Am very impressed so far, but haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces just yet. Looking forward to it, though.

Cool. Welcome! Be sure to let us know your impressions on it after you put it through its paces...

MA83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
No issues. The Baytrail has plenty of processing power and 4GB of RAM is enough. So, the only limit is your internet connection.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
No issues. The Baytrail has plenty of processing power and 4GB of RAM is enough. So, the only limit is your internet connection.

Thanks. Thinking about getting one in the next week or two. Seems that its all 32GB versions available in the UK, what i've seen anyway.

K Boston

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Just a four month update on my T100. It has blown away more IPad users than I can count. Pissed of a bunch of Surface owners when they here what it cost. And the Android crowd just shakes their heads and walk away. On a serious note. My T100 has never failed to impress me. The battery life is still incredible. It has proven to be WAY more portable than I could have imagined. I don't take my charger to work any more as it will hang in there all day. This thing streams awesome and it runs XBMC like it was made for it. With the addition of a Unified keyboard and mouse, it has taken place of my Desktop at work. Need to got to a meeting? I pop it off the dock, switch to the Metro GUI and it's rock and roll time.

I have a HDMI to HDMI mini adapter. And have run Power Point presentations to overhead projectors. I hear nothing but accolades on how well the T100 pulled it off. The best part is most people can't see the T100 tablet lying on the conference table. I was asked once just what the heck was running the presentation. One meeting I stuck it in a manila folder. People wanted to know who the heck made a manila computer. It was kinda funny seeing the hdmi cable running out of the folder. My Windows Phone has been a great addition with the T100. It's my remote control for the T100. Absolutely no regrets! Asus hit a home run and has turned the entire Netbook\Tablet industry upside down with the T100 IMHO. The comments and questions I get just never stop! At this price point you can't go wrong!

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't bought one yet, but im struggling to find reasons not to now!

I got a 32GB this weekend from MicroCenter for $280. It's brilliant! I think it's for sure the best device you can buy for the money. I think only Acer and Asus, and now maybe Dell are playing in this price range. You may find a bigger screen, but you won't get anywhere near the battery life, and you'll likely be stuck with expensive replacement chargers should yours break or get chewed or whatever may befall it.

I had RT tablets and being able to install anything is such a relief. No more monkeying with programs. Ah, seriously, I can't recommend this tablet enough.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

IDK where you found one with 4GB of ram, but yeah, Baytrail is a HUGE upgrade to clovertrail and even though mine is 2GB of ram, I still don't notice any lag whatsoever.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.

Whats this badboy like for live streaming? I will be doing a lot of it through this if i get it. I've been eyeing it up for a while!

Thanks

It's awesome, unless you're trying to pull 4k or something crazy. I use this a lot when I'm playing online videos on the TV. I love it because I can stream a movie or two without being plugged in and without the thing dying on me.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, sorry for tearing this thread up for a minute. Haha, I'm slowly transitioning from Android tablets because Windows 8.1 devices are really where it's at.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It's awesome, unless you're trying to pull 4k or something crazy. I use this a lot when I'm playing online videos on the TV. I love it because I can stream a movie or two without being plugged in and without the thing dying on me.

Sounds to like this would be ideal for me. I've got a 20mb internet connection so that wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably only be live streaming in standard definition and HD on netflix.

Have you connected it up to a TV using hdmi yet? I plan to probably watch stuff that way.

Thanks

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to like this would be ideal for me. I've got a 20mb internet connection so that wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably only be live streaming in standard definition and HD on netflix.

Have you connected it up to a TV using hdmi yet? I plan to probably watch stuff that way.

Thanks

Yeah, that's usually how I do it. For whatever reason, I can't get it so that the screen turns off while it's connected to the TV, but you can turn your brightness all the way down and spin it. That's all I do. Just make sure you have the right HDMI cable.

And I don't think they make a 4GB version. As far as I have read, the processor they use in this tablet is limited to 2GB. That being said, it's no issue at all as far as I have used it. It's surprisingly responsive.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's usually how I do it. For whatever reason, I can't get it so that the screen turns off while it's connected to the TV, but you can turn your brightness all the way down and spin it. That's all I do. Just make sure you have the right HDMI cable.

And I don't think they make a 4GB version. As far as I have read, the processor they use in this tablet is limited to 2GB. That being said, it's no issue at all as far as I have used it. It's surprisingly responsive.

i've seen the 32gb + 500Gb HDD in keyboard version here in the uk for ?399. The standard 32gb is ?329. Much cheaper in the US if you managed to get the standard one $280! How much space does windows take up?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
i've seen the 32gb + 500Gb HDD in keyboard version here in the uk for ?399. The standard 32gb is ?329. Much cheaper in the US if you managed to get the standard one $280! How much space does windows take up?

I was actually just going to post that when I got it, it had around 5 GB of free space. That's pretty terrible. I've since been able to scrub out an extra 9GB so I'm right around 14 now. Honestly, just a bit under.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I was actually just going to post that when I got it, it had around 5 GB of free space. That's pretty terrible. I've since been able to scrub out an extra 9GB so I'm right around 14 now. Honestly, just a bit under.

5GB, that is pretty terrible! Probably a lot of crap on there you don't need though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte