My Asus T100 Review - A Versatile Workhorse

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted at Asus USA recently and they said that the option will be in the US in the next couple of weeks, but that there will be no option to buy the dock as an accessory.

Great to hear first time buyers will have access to that version. I wish I could buy the dock as an accessory though. The problem is if your dock is totaled, you've got to buy a new kit. That bites.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear first time buyers will have access to that version. I wish I could buy the dock as an accessory though. The problem is if your dock is totaled, you've got to buy a new kit. That bites.

I know there's a site in the UK that sells a replacement dock. I kind of tweeted back to Asus about the issue of owners not getting a shot at the keyboard. I think my tweet was something along the lines of, "The curse of the early adopter." Hopefully that will haunt them just enough to sell the dock! Who knows, maybe we'll get one with an extended battery in it too. Haha - wishful thinking.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Well i've finally ordered one, just the 32Gb version but i'll get some sdcards and that will suit my storage needs! Looking forward to getting rid of my overheating elitebook, although it has been quite the workhorse!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well i've finally ordered one, just the 32Gb version but i'll get some sdcards and that will suit my storage needs! Looking forward to getting rid of my overheating elitebook, although it has been quite the workhorse!

Cool! Be sure to format your SD cards once you get them and you should he good to go. Also, setting up the touchpad's sensitivity to your liking helps overcome its shortcomings.

allymorrison70

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
So i got my T100, so far i'm really impressed! My opinion is that windows 8 should only be on touchscreen laptops, its much better! Had windows 8 on a non-touch laptop and didn't like it at all! Haven't played about with the T100 too much yet, just been transfering all my files and programs, and getting all the updates done. The touch pad buttons are a bit noisey but i can make my piece with that. So far its getting 2 thumbs up!

Internaut

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Cool! Be sure to format your SD cards once you get them and you should he good to go. Also, setting up the touchpad's sensitivity to your liking helps overcome its shortcomings.

I never could quite get used to that touchpad. I can use it, but I ended up buying a Microsoft Wedge Mouse, which I'm very happy with. Now I've used it for a while, I'm happy that Windows 8.1 can be used mouse only, if you have a modern enough (i.e. touch enabled) mouse. I'm betting something like Apple's Magic Trackpad would be a great accessory.

margella

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
May I ask what did you use to connect your ASUS to projector? I have here a vga to hdmi cord but it did not work for overhead projectoThe display blinked { on and off when I connect it to the second screen} . What cord should I buy then? Do i need any adapter? How I wish I can use this for powerpoint presentation

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This might be a bit late but hows gaming on this device? I usually play command and conquer and other rts games so would be nice if someone can tell me if that works on the t100?

Also how does it fair with online gaming? Not like heavy 3d games but normal stuff like facebook games?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99