hdmi out not displaying full screen

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
figured this is an intel card problem as I had this happen to my 8 inch. But on some TVs and not others my HDMI out display will only clone an image and take up maybe 1/4 of the screen in the center. How do i adjust. And yes i got latest drivers

Franco Loyola

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried from the properties of windows to just show the picture on screen 1 or 2?

Sometimes happen that on the laptops if you use a docking station and the lid is open, then you have to disable the screen from the laptop to get the full res on the screen.

Dont know if it will help, but give it a shot :) Right click on the desktop, Screen Resolution, Identify Screens, then you know which one disable from the pop-down menu on this screen.

/Franco

Tiago Pacheco

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
That's because your tablet is set up to display both tablet screen and second screen (monitor or TV).

In order to change that, hit Windows Key + P and click on Second Screen Only. That should take care of that. It will turn off your tablet screen and send picture to monitor only. If you need to get back to tablet mode, simply disconnect HDMI cable or hit Windows Key + P and choose PC Screen Only.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for posting this question! I was on the verge of picking up a T100 today when I happened across a review that said that the hdmi output is limited. Then I found this thread. I was hoping to use the T100 as I use my Surface 2... for presentations. I need full native resolution support on both displays in extended desktop mode.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the T100. :crying:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel