Can't find the Kindle app anywhere.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my T100 for a couple weeks now. I've used it for many many projects already. One thing that's driving me nuts though, is that now that I have some down time and want to get back to catching on some reading... I can't seem to find the Kindle app anywhere. I haven't installed it myself, but I was under the impression that it was already installed with the device, and it's driving me nuts that I can't seem to locate it. Was I misinformed that it was pre-installed? Every review site mentions it, and I'm no newcomer to tablets and mobile devices... it's driving me crazy that I don't happen to see it.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my T100 for a couple weeks now. I've used it for many many projects already. One thing that's driving me nuts though, is that now that I have some down time and want to get back to catching on some reading... I can't seem to find the Kindle app anywhere. I haven't installed it myself, but I was under the impression that it was already installed with the device, and it's driving me nuts that I can't seem to locate it. Was I misinformed that it was pre-installed? Every review site mentions it, and I'm no newcomer to tablets and mobile devices... it's driving me crazy that I don't happen to see it.

I've never seen the Kindle app come pre-installed on a Windows 8/RT device, but I could be wrong.

That said all you have to do is just search the store. If it's already installed the store will notify you that it is installed. If it has not been installed then the option will be offered to you. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The kindle app is never preinstalled...at least on the ones I know of. The app itself runs decently on this as I've got one of my social work books on this.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. I just assumed it had been pre-installed, because every review I had read had commented on the app (but apparently never mentioned having to install it outside of the initial setup). Installing it is no biggie... I was just in a frame of mind that thought perhaps I was missing something.

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
afaik, you can not use personal document with kindle app for windows.
alternatively you can use other ebook reader app that support that ebook format.
kindle app for windows can only be used for ebook purchased from amazon store. cmiiw

LEEWU

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
afaik, you can not use personal document with kindle app for windows.
alternatively you can use other ebook reader app that support that ebook format.
kindle app for windows can only be used for ebook purchased from amazon store. cmiiw
Thank for your reply. I consider to replace a dictionary on to kindle app with my T100. I alteady do that on my lumia phone with winphone os . on winphone, i can addup ebook to read offline so can not do it with Asus T100

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank for your reply. I consider to replace a dictionary on to kindle app with my T100. I alteady do that on my lumia phone with winphone os . on winphone, i can addup ebook to read offline so can not do it with Asus T100

mind telling me how to add ebook on winphone? did you bought the ebook from amazon store? I cant find a way to add my ebook to kindle app on my lumia.

thanks in advance

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
mind telling me how to add ebook on winphone? did you bought the ebook from amazon store? I cant find a way to add my ebook to kindle app on my lumia.

thanks in advance

If you already bought an ebook, sign into your Amazon account on the WIndows Phone Kindle app, go to Archive, and download the archived ebooks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss