Stuck on "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As the title suggests... I powered up my T100, it went through a Windows update for about 10 minutes. But at the end, I got the message "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." with the spinner indicating that it's working. Unfortunately, it's been a few hours now, and it's still sitting there with the same message.

A cursory Google search only came up with one hit, where somebody said to power down (despite the warning not to).

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One caveat I'd like to mention, is that while I'm not opposed to performing a hard reset, I'd sooner fix the problem without it if possible. There's nothing important on the device that I'm not going to lose sleep over losing. But in the future that may change.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Well if it doesn't complete you will have to power down. If it doesn't boot then go into recovery mode and fix it there by going back to a previous restore point.

pmgzlatarov

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
failure configuring windows updates undoing changes windows 8 on my asus +keys(f9,f2,esc......etc) not working and the boot ..........What to do!?!?!?

Pistooli

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. It can not perform the update, reverting. And since the update is not done I am not able to access my OneDrive. Disappointing.
Sent from my Nokia 630 DS using Tapatalk

Shannon Dillard

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
As the title suggests... I powered up my T100, it went through a Windows update for about 10 minutes. But at the end, I got the message "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." with the spinner indicating that it's working. Unfortunately, it's been a few hours now, and it's still sitting there with the same message.

A cursory Google search only came up with one hit, where somebody said to power down (despite the warning not to).

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

corgi11

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Asus Fix for "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

I called Asus and tech support told me how to fix this problem and it worked great !!!!!

1. Go to desktop (windows key + D)
2 Go to Control Panel from Start Button
3. Under System and Security click on Find and Fix problems
4. Under System Security click on Fix problems with Windows Updates
5. After it fixes your system do your updates from the control panel.

John Humbracht

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
i'm having the same issue as op, but the problem is that i can't even get into windows. stuck at the message and windows won't load, so corgi11's solution about the control panel is moot. any other ideas?

Malksharan

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
- Push power + the button under the volumedown (10sec). The unit is shutting down
- Push the power button to start up (1-3 sec)
- Just before the asus logo press Maj+F7
- In the menu select the advanced options to restore your computer (yuo have the choice either to reactualize or restore to factory settings)

Bye Bye :)

Griggs45

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much! This solved my issue that I was having. I was experiencing along the same lines of problems and this fixed it! Thank you again!

Griggs45

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Asus Fix for "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

I called Asus and tech support told me how to fix this problem and it worked great !!!!!

1. Go to desktop (windows key + D)
2 Go to Control Panel from Start Button
3. Under System and Security click on Find and Fix problems
4. Under System Security click on Fix problems with Windows Updates
5. After it fixes your system do your updates from the control panel.

Thank you very much! This solved my issue that I was having. I was experiencing along the same lines of problems and this fixed it! Thank you again!

geaux2u

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yea, what the hell is "Maj" key?? There is know such key. Your answer is about as much help as the rest of these idiots who are telling us to go to control panel etc. How are we suppose to do that when the computer is STUCK on "couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer". I have looked at several supposed solutions and most assume we can go places on the computer. WTF??

I just got my answer as to way America is going to ****. There's a bunch of idiots living here and can't get out of there on way.

Tony Gatlin

May 20, 2015
Visit site
There is no such thing as an "Maj" key. Malksharan is just one of those trolling morons that post jibberish for the sole reason of confusing people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99