VivoTab RT + keyboard dock at B&M Microsoft Store - $400 through 12/31/12

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested in purchasing the Asus VivoTab RT who lives near a physical, brick & mortar Microsoft Store - up through December 31st you can purchase the tablet for $399.99. The keyboard dock is included for free with the tablet purchase.

Once I found out about this deal (on Sunday 12/15), I went over to one of the local Microsoft Stores in my area to check out the VivoTab RT. I thought it was good, but I didn't like the look of the hinge connecting the tablet and keyboard dock. More importantly, just a couple days before finding out about the VivoTab RT deal, I was checking out some of the touchscreen Windows 8 laptops at Best Buy and was very impressed, particularly by the 11.6" Asus VivoBook (model number Q200E) that costs $500. (I found out soon thereafter that there is a somewhat better version of the 11.6" VivoBook, the X202E model, with a newer version of the Core i3 processor that sells for $550 at most retailers and $500 at the Microsoft Store (both on-line and physical stores).) I've been thinking for months I'd get a Windows 8 convertible tablet of some sort, but after playing around with the VivoBook Q200E and X202E at Best Buy and the Microsoft Store, I think a netbook-sized laptop with touchscreen will suit my needs and wants plenty well enough.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's a really good price on the Asus VivoTab RT.

I got an email from AT&T yesterday that said $100 off tablets. The Asus VivoTab RT was $599 - $100=$499 with a two year data plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion