Streaming Video Freezes My Vivotab RT

Member321

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had a vivotab rt for 2 months and it worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, when suddenly no streaming video worked. Netflix, youtube, hulu, all of those will almost immediate freeze the tablet if I try playing a video. I'll get no more than about 10 seconds into a video before the entire system freezes and the audio turns into a loud buzzing sound. The only way to stop it is via the reset button.

I've tried doing all of the updates and I have tried resetting the system and nothing makes videos work on this. Is there anything I can do or maybe even claim a warranty through ASUS and get another vivotab?

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What reset have you tried? Was it a full system restore, or was it just simply turning the tablet off and back on? Please contact me at cl-tien@asus.com and I will be more than happy to help you figure this out. You do have a warranty on the device, but if it is over 30 days from the reseller, we cannot exchange it for you, only service and repair.

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeh, I would give that a shoot if the first refresh did not work. It works, it would rule out the possibility of a hardware defect.

Member321

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing the full system reset and hulu and netflix seem to be working for now but youtube still freezes up almost instantly. Could it be a problem with flash maybe?

Last edited:

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the browser to view YouTube from the desktop view or from the Metro? Or does it not matter which view you are in? Or are you using the Youtube Player app from the MS App Store?

Flash will not work on every website using the built in IE 10, but YouTube should be on Microsoft's "whitelist" of working sites. Since you've just restored your tablet, keep checking for updates to see if any new ones roll in that will help with this.

Member321

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The problems with youtube are in the metro IE, the desktop IE, youtube app, and google search engine app. I also was watching some kind of intro video for Microsoft Office when I updated it and that video froze too. I called ASUS and they gave me information to send it in.

drojas4

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
it's the new Nvidia driver update, when I first got my Vivotab RT TF600 all videos ran smooth with no stutter at all, MP4, online videos everything was
smooth, then I download the new updates a few days ago and BOOM no more smooth video,
So i did a Full system Restore the one that deletes everything and my system was back to smooth video and no stutter.
then i went back and unchecked the hardware packaged in the update list,
so i could get the rest of the system updates without updating the Nvidia drivers.

rjorge77

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Yeah. i really believe its the NVIDIA drivers... i started to get Video (flickering) issue as well since last update. :(

br,

rj77

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo