Will Asus continue to support this tablet?

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am considering trading my iPad Mini for this tablet, but I am concerned whether Asus will continue to support this tablet. If they will support the update to 8.1 and just updates for the next year, then it will be fine. How long do you guys think this will be supported?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Any reason you want the ASUS and not a Surface RT? Other than having a GPS in the ASUS, they are the same specs. Cost is almost identical. That being said, I downloaded and installed the 8.1 preview on my ASUS with on issues, so you should have no problems upgrading to 8.1 when it is available -- remember, you upgrade through the Microsoft store, not ASUS.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any reason you want the ASUS and not a Surface RT? Other than having a GPS in the ASUS, they are the same specs. Cost is almost identical. That being said, I downloaded and installed the 8.1 preview on my ASUS with on issues, so you should have no problems upgrading to 8.1 when it is available -- remember, you upgrade through the Microsoft store, not ASUS.

Perfect. I am considering this tablet because I have a trade offer for my iPad Mini. I am used to updated having to go through the manufacturer like on Android.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Vivotab RT and Surface RT do not have the same specs. Asus better. Better camera, photo flash, better video, NFC, GPS, thinner, lighter etc.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The Asus is a fair amount lighter than the Surface. The Asus weighs 1.2 lbs while the surface is 1.6 labs. 0.4 lbs might not sound like much but it really matters when you're holding it in your hand. Also the Asus can be had very inexpensively on EBay. I just picked one up with the clamshell keyboard for $175. I put Windows 8.1 on it and it works great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss