Do you still love your VT RT?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you still love your Asus VivoTab RT or do you want to sell/upgrade it for another model?

The new Nokia tablet certainly looks nice but to be honest our VTRT is thinner and weighs less than the Nokia tablet

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got a VTRT. I installed Windows 8.1 and its working pretty well so for. I like that it is lighter and thinner than the Surface.

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I still love my Vivotab RT. Yup yup yup. Updated to 8.1. Works awesome. Night and day between this and my old Lenovo K1 Android tab. My desktop has been collecting dust since getting my RT.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Got one for Christmas and love it. Replaced my old HP Touchpad running Android. Now I am completely in the Win8 ecosystem. Just wish there were more apps for it.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
=( My VT RT started showing signs of dementia (phantom touches) and now in the hands of my parents. It still serves as good backup camera with its 5MP. Now I am using a Lenovo Miix 2. There's just something about DELL that I can't really fathom. I'll never use DELL for the rest of my life.

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Abel920: I have read about the phantom touches issue but it was resolved via Windows Updates prior to ever receiving my Vivotab RT. I have never experienced it myself.
Have you applied all available Windows Updates?

It is also recommended, at least by me, to update to 8.1. Are you running 8.1?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
We love our two vivo's. the only issue is when you use time for a while, since they are low on memory, they tend to have video issues. a quick restart and everything is fine again for a long while. The only thing I would give mine up for is a new pro 3 maxed out.

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we were just lucky, but our Vivotab RT has been great. Responsive, reliable and really nice to use.

Though not as high a resolution as my iPad (issued by my employer, not something I enjoy using personally), the display is very sharp and bright. I prefer the aspect ratio of the Asus to the squarish shape of the iPad. The iPad's heavier weight and sharp metal edge make it much more uncomfortable to hold.

Being able to have multiple accounts on a single RT tablet is really handy. iOS can't do it, and Android doesn't do it well.

And surprisingly, the Tegra3 has done well under RT. I had one in an android tablet a couple of years ago, and it was a dog - apparently not the CPU's fault. We aren't gamers, but for all the apps we use, performance is fine.

Sent from my TF600T using Tapatalk

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
We love ours. They are still working great. I also use mine to edit photos now, and other things. The aspect ratio is great for surfing the web, using office, watching movies etc. The aspect ratio of the ipad is way better for reading materials like magazines and books. I am buying two onda 985s for magazine and book reading while traveling. The next issue app for windows is horrid and slow. The android version is much better. But that's pretty well the only drawback to using our vivo's all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon