Asus is HORRIBLE

Jonadam23

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My Vivotab RT was registering touches on the screen that I was not making (I believe that is called phantom touch) so I sent the device to Asus to be repaired, A week after they had received the device my RMA status said that the device had customer induced damage and was out of warranty. I found this odd as I sent the device in pristine physical condition. Worried, I contacted asus' online support and they said that the status was a glitch and that it would be corrected accordingly. After about 3 days the status had yet to change and I contacted support again. They again repeated the same thing that the status would be updated. After Asus had my device for about three weeks I got an email from the service center with a picture of a vivo tab with a smashed screen and a bill for around $250. Surprised, I contacted asus support but they told me to email the service center. I emailed the service center but they never responded. Today was supposedly the last day for me to pay to fix the device otherwise they would shipped it back to me with the smashed screen. Yet again I contacted asus support where they continued to claim that my device was in warranty and that it is going to get fixed! I was told that the status was updated, which it is not, and that I had to wait for the service center to email me to find out more about my device. Asus has been HORRIBLE throughout this entire process. I have yet to get straight answers or assurances from anyone and I feel as though I am on a wild goose chase. They have lied to me multiple times now, that's is if they even bother to respond to me. Asus is a terrible company from who I will never ever buy a product from again. I am writing this post not only as a way to vent what has truly become anger about this situation but also as a warning. This is my second Asus device that has suffered issues. I advise anyone to refrain from buying their products because of the truly horrific support they provide.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your VivoTab. I know several people who have Asus laptops (Win7/Win8), and they haven't had any issues. I've just ordered an Asus laptop from amazon.com, which will be arriving next week.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my RT and sent it in for repair. When it eventually came back it was completely untouched and exactly how I sent it and they claimed to have repaired a different fault which i know did not exist or was not an issue before i sent it in. I was furious! Again, Asus is off my list.

Jonadam23

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So it Asus has had my device for a month now. It is amazing how slow the service center is at responding to emails. It normally takes them a week! I will update when this fiasco is all over but I see it taking a few more weeks now. I normally have really good experiences will companies but Asus has proved to be the exception. They have handled this situation so horribly that I was compelled to complain to the better business borough. Asus needs to greatly improve their response times and hire representatives that actually help instead of giving robotic responses that are unhelpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon