I recently bought a brand new Asus vivo tablet RT from AT&T, at first it worked fine but now (3weeks later) it's completely putting me behind in all my school work! When I have office open and get half way through typing a paper the tablet freezes, and shuts down, or will create black lines across the screen, sometimes makes circles appear and then freezes but either way I loose all my work and am forced to start over all again. I am completely disappointed with both Microsoft and Asus! I'm not rich, I can't afford to keep buying the newest gadgets and I saved up for a long time to buy this stupid *** tablet thinking it was the best way to go when needing something for school since I go to university and all we do is type papers. I NEED HELP!! Please anybody from Microsoft or Asus let me know if I have some sort of manufactures warranty or some way you guys can fix this! I am unable to optimize the drives or start a defragment, and doing hard shut downs don't work because as soon as it starts it either works super slow or freezes up after ten minutes of being on! I can't stand this, I have two finals due tomorrow and a 20 page paper (that I was half way through by the way until it froze and deleted my work) that has me completely stressed out! I live too far away from campus and starting over at this point would just be a waste of time since I can't trust this tablet not too do it again! I bought this tablet to help make my life easier, I've spent over 100$ For the dock, stylus and case. But all it's doing is making my college life harder and more stressful! Microsoft is suppose to be the leading champ in PC products yet my brother who has an android tablet never has one issue! I'm super bummed out and i have no idea what to do to return it or get it fixed, but at this rate I'm about to be completely done with Microsoft and Asus! Take care of one of your loyal customers for once is all I'm asking!!!
    Sincerely,
    One pissed off customer!!
    12-17-2013 12:53 AM
    That's sad to hear, I think you should get a replacement, as the issues you described doesn't seem like normal OS issues. Try not to get angry as it won't solve the problem, and to cheer you up, I have a question, can your brother with the android tablet even write a paper?
    Ashley Duval likes this.
    12-17-2013 01:10 AM
    Open task manager and kill any unwanted apps open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-17-2013 01:32 AM
    Go get a replacement because this is not an OS issue
    Ashley Duval likes this.
    12-17-2013 01:36 AM
    one year manufacturers warranty.. it seems to be a hardware problem.. cos RT 8.1 is rock solid on other tabs.. and other asus vivo tabs are ok too.. so u were that guy.

go to the seller and demand a replacement piece.. he will send it to asus.. they ll look at it and give u a solution. i dont think anyone here can help u with repair..
    Ashley Duval likes this.
    12-17-2013 01:50 AM
    Lol no he can't, that's why I went with Microsoft because of the office program. I really am a big fan of windows but with all my finals this week my stress level are super high. Your right anger won't work and the tablet almost ended up out the window lol I will contact Microsoft and see if they can't replace it for me. I was unaware of the one year manufactures warranty
    taymur likes this.
    12-17-2013 03:17 PM
    Lol no he can't, that's why I went with Microsoft because of the office program. I really am a big fan of windows but with all my finals this week my stress level are super high. Your right anger won't work and the tablet almost ended up out the window lol I will contact Microsoft and see if they can't replace it for me. I was unaware of the one year manufactures warranty

I have the same one from at&t and have no issues. See if either Asus or at&t will replace it for you as what you have is a hardware instability and not a simple software fix.
    12-26-2013 09:01 AM