Hi everyone. About a month ago I bought a vivotab rt 64 gb. Although I'm very satisfied with the tablet, I'm experiencing a few problems and I was wondering if I'm the only one that has them
    1. The screen seems to not be properly supported, especially on the upper left side over the sd card. Even the slightest pressure is enough to distort the liquid crystals.
    2. The Bluetooth connects easily with my wireless headphones (Sony mw600) but every two minutes is like it momentarily loses the connection (the headphones go silent for about a second and then resume). The tablet does this with every Bluetooth device I've tried. These devices work properly with my desktop computer
    3. Video playback is choppy. The files are mp4 and it seems like its loosing a couple of frames every second. The player I'm currently using is storm player rt but even though the problem seems to be diminished, its still present.
    Thank you in advance.
    01-10-2014 04:15 AM
    "The tablet does this with every Bluetooth device I've tried"
    So you mean it does this with other headphones or speakers?

I have a Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Device. It pairs fine with my Vivotab RT (32gb) but it does
    have the issue where it mutes for a second....... however it happens like every 20 or 30 minutes maybe..definitely not every
    couple of minutes.

Are you on RT 8 or RT 8.1?

Here are some things you can try. In your desktop right click on the audio device in the task bar down by the clock and go to
    Playback devices and disable every device EXCEPT for Bluetooth headset.

You might also want to use a different app for the playback. I use the XBOX Audio and it works great for me.

I have yet to playback MP4 files so I cannot help there. Again, you might want to try a different app for playback and close all
    background programs. Are these MP4 files you created or downloaded? All from the same source?
    Last edited by M Coffey; 01-11-2014 at 05:10 AM.
    01-11-2014 04:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have done all the upgrades and I'm running windows 8.1
    I followed your advice and that helped a lot, thanks.
    The mp4 files are downloaded from the Internet
    And have you noticed anything like I described above about the screen? (the distortion happens when I press on the left hand bezel)
    Thanks again for your time.
    01-12-2014 03:03 AM
    I pressed on the bezel near the microsd card slot and did not notice any change in the liqid crystal on my particular Vivotab.
    Its hard to diagnose what is really happening without using it in person. If I press with a little bit of force on my bezel anywhere
    around the screen, I can see a little "wobble" in the LCD crystals but this is to be expected. It's quite possible that the LCD
    is mounted closer to the surface of the bezel above the microsd port then in other areas of the device.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
    01-12-2014 03:53 AM
    Good day.
    After researching the matter of the Bluetooth a bit I found out that the Bluetooth and the wifi are on the same chip. So I disabled the wifi when listening to music via Bluetooth and the problem seems to be resolved. I'm guessing it has something to do with the frequency that the router pings the tablet (or something like that).
    As for the screen issue, I need to clarify that the distortion is best visible when the background is black, in other cases it is barely noticeable. I'll contact the reseller to see if it is an issue of the particular tablet or of the entire series.
    Thanks again for your time. I'll post again when I have more news.
    01-14-2014 05:46 AM
    I hope this helps 1. I have troubles with the screen if I startup the Vivotab with the keyboard attached. 2. Try changing the "bluetooth collaboration" parameter of the wi-fi network adapter to disabled 3. I only have had stutter problems with high resolution mkv files, with PressPlay video (which is what I use)
    02-22-2014 01:40 PM