I picked up two vivotabs for me and my wife. Had dell venues ordered but their customer service was horrible. Being told different things numerous times. I cancelled my order, or so I thought. I went to the local computer store and bought two vivotabs. All I can say is they are awesome. I get a call after having the tabs, and telling dell to cancel my order, that its shipped. I am so ticked off at dell. So, now they have one of the tabs sent to me. Stay away from dell.

On to the Asus. I was apprehensive about them being the lower priced unit. Also, I was unsure how rt would be. Lets just say that all doubts have been squashed. Rt is just as good as any other operating system on a tablet. Actually, I have an iPad and an Acer android tablet and rt is miles ahead of both. Screw the loading of legacy programs. Really, for most all situations they are not needed. I don't have to root or jailbreak anything to have a fully functional piece of equipment. In will be pushing more of my friends and family this way as its sooooo much better than the others. Having a full blown web browser on my tablet is awesome. The performance of my Asus is smooth and fast, the included keyboard is nice to type on, and the extra battery it provides is great on our frequent travels. The only place where this tablet falls short, is navigation. However, I kept my Acer a210 for that. I have topographic maps loaded and its mounted in either my jeep or suburban for overland travels.
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-08-2014 05:32 AM
    Nice. Glad you like it!
    03-08-2014 07:46 AM
    Nice. Glad you like it!
    We do love them. The first one that I bought for my wife, had touch screen issues. I promptly returned it for another unit and its smooth and very fast. I love RT. I don't understand all the hate. Its miles ahead of either IOS or Android tablet OS offerings. I know, I own all of them.

Only minus I have for the entire system is no digitizer Pen offered. Oh, and no GPS. But none of that is a deal breaker. I have my acer android tablet with GPS unit for my navigation duites in my Jeeps and suburban.
    03-10-2014 08:02 AM