Got mine and I'm loving it!

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you having problems where the home button sometimes doesn't work and also the battery doesn't charge while plugged in (plugged in, not charging)?

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Are any of you having problems where the home button sometimes doesn't work and also the battery doesn't charge while plugged in (plugged in, not charging)?

I never had problem with charging. However I have to say that the home button at the bottom of the screen is far from the most sensitive. It happens every once a while that I need to tap it again or a little longer to register it. But I would not catagorize it as "not working" though, just a personal opinion.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok noted with thanks :)
Thinking of RT initially but because of the premium branding, I'd expect the pricing to be beyond my budget.
Clover Trail is so much faster than the ARM thing in Surface RT. If you're a student or work with a University, Office 365 University is quite cost efficient.I personally love it since I not only can install Office 2013 on two computers (one being my VivoTab Smart), I can also stream it on Windows PC without an installation. That's pretty cool.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Clover Trail is so much faster than the ARM thing in Surface RT. If you're a student or work with a University, Office 365 University is quite cost efficient.I personally love it since I not only can install Office 2013 on two computers (one being my VivoTab Smart), I can also stream it on Windows PC without an installation. That's pretty cool.

Cool !!!
I may try out the Office 365. I read somewhere that it's actually a web-based office suite with a yearly subscription fee. I will check it out on the MS website once I got the Smart tablet, thanks ;)
Btw, I am a self-employed person.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering selling my Surface RT. I guess I should start by posting it on CL to see how much I can get out of it. I've the type KB too. If I could get $450 + 80$ for the type KB, that'll be great. I'll miss the kickstand and the easy snap in of the KB the most. Those are the 2 physical attributes I use the most conveniently.

I read the review of this on engadget a while ago and I was fairly impressed. And I think Amazon has i for $480 or so now sans the surface-type KB.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I finally got the Smart tablet last nite from a mega IT show currently being held in my country over this weekend. And like the thread title said... Got Mine & Loving It too ;) Windows 8 is juz so BEAUTIFUL :)
Unboxed and spent about 2-3hrs completing the updates for W8, Apps & Asus LiveUpdate. After that, have been playing with it till pre-dawn today. The touch gestures took awhile to get acquainted but once you GET IT, it very natural & intuitive.
However, there is this one bug/problem I encountered...
When I tried to used the WPCentral IE website to post comments, I am "slapped" with the Disappearing Keyboard that haunted the WP os in the early days. I am bumped :S
As such, I have to typed this post from my WP :[
Anyone encountered this abnormaly, if so, any way to resolved it.
Kindly share & Thanks !!!
PS. WP8 & W8 have made me fall in love with Microsoft again :D

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I finally got the Smart tablet last nite from a mega IT show currently being held in my country over this weekend. And like the thread title said... Got Mine & Loving It too ;) Windows 8 is juz so BEAUTIFUL :)
Unboxed and spent about 2-3hrs completing the updates for W8, Apps & Asus LiveUpdate. After that, have been playing with it till pre-dawn today. The touch gestures took awhile to get acquainted but once you GET IT, it very natural & intuitive.
However, there is this one bug/problem I encountered...
When I tried to used the WPCentral IE website to post comments, I am "slapped" with the Disappearing Keyboard that haunted the WP os in the early days. I am bumped :S
As such, I have to typed this post from my WP :[
Anyone encountered this abnormaly, if so, any way to resolved it.
Kindly share & Thanks !!!
PS. WP8 & W8 have made me fall in love with Microsoft again :D

I've had the same problem. Here are a few workarounds.
  1. Press submit without enterering any text and you'll get an error, but that will keep the keyboard on the screen.
  2. Or open in desktop IE.
  3. Or use Chrome.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem. Here are a few workarounds.
  1. Press submit without enterering any text and you'll get an error, but that will keep the keyboard on the screen.
  2. Or open in desktop IE.
  3. Or use Chrome.

Hi Mr. Brown,
First of all, thanks the workarounds. Appreciated !!!
However, tip #1 not working for me. So this reply was composed using workaround #2 ��
As for workaround #3, I am not that enamored with anything Google/Android, I know we can't live without them totally but I tried my best to minimize using their services ��
Microsoft ecosystem still the BEST ��

Thanks again !

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mr. Brown,
First of all, thanks the workarounds. Appreciated !!!
However, tip #1 not working for me. So this reply was composed using workaround #2 ����
As for workaround #3, I am not that enamored with anything Google/Android, I know we can't live without them totally but I tried my best to minimize using their services ����
Microsoft ecosystem still the BEST ����

Thanks again !

Glad #2 worked. Sorry I forgot #1 was a workaround for a similar forum called TabletPCReview.

I agree with you regarding Google. I have a few sites I use Chrome for, otherwise I much prefer IE10 and all things Microsoft.

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad #2 worked. Sorry I forgot #1 was a workaround for a similar forum called TabletPCReview.

I agree with you regarding Google. I have a few sites I use Chrome for, otherwise I much prefer IE10 and all things Microsoft.

I wish there was a site for windows 8 like wpcentral, that would make day!

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WPCentral is expanding towards that. But we can't do every build of Windows machine.

I would be more interested in the coverage you do with apps and the support you provide, and the stories you cover. Those interest me the most...yeah I do realize keeping up with every windows 8 machine would a waste of time and pointless and the forums would be able to fill in the gaps of some of the minor machines where you guys could focus on some of the higher profile machines. And if there is a diamond in the rough you guys could bring those to life as well.

But being a teacher I am always looking for apps that can help in the classroom and since I have both a wp8 and my work computer is now windows 8, I am looking to integrate the two as much as possible.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Guys ! I need some advice regarding storage expansion.....

Can I insert a 64Gb microSDXC card into a microSD card reader which Asus website specified that only microSDHC card can be used ?
The reason I seek your advice is because the maximum capacity of a microSDHC is up to 32Gb. But I actually need more than that for my data storage. I am also afraid that if I go ahead and buy the 64Gb microSDXC card which is not cheap, I may not be able to use it and it become a useless white elephant. Thanks ��

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Guys ! I need some advice regarding storage expansion.....

Can I insert a 64Gb microSDXC card into a microSD card reader which Asus website specified that only microSDHC card can be used ?
The reason I seek your advice is because the maximum capacity of a microSDHC is up to 32Gb. But I actually need more than that for my data storage. I am also afraid that if I go ahead and buy the 64Gb microSDXC card which is not cheap, I may not be able to use it and it become a useless white elephant. Thanks ��

Yes, microSDXC is supported. That is what I have in mine. I originally had the card in my Surface RT, then transferred it to my Smart when I got it.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, microSDXC is supported. That is what I have in mine. I originally had the card in my Surface RT, then transferred it to my Smart when I got it.

Thank You �� Mr. Brown
That is most helpful, now at least I got the peace of mind to go and buy the microSDXC card.
Cheers man !

bert920

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for a couple of months now and I must say it's a great little tab. Great for quickly checking stuff on the net or playing some of the xBox games to pass the time. Used mine while on holiday to watch films on the flight and it was a perfect size for the job. As to what do you call it I refer to it as the Tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99