05-24-2013 09:03 AM
37 12
tools
    Hi Everyone, I finally got the Smart tablet last nite from a mega IT show currently being held in my country over this weekend. And like the thread title said... Got Mine & Loving It too ;) Windows 8 is juz so BEAUTIFUL :)
    Unboxed and spent about 2-3hrs completing the updates for W8, Apps & Asus LiveUpdate. After that, have been playing with it till pre-dawn today. The touch gestures took awhile to get acquainted but once you GET IT, it very natural & intuitive.
    However, there is this one bug/problem I encountered...
    When I tried to used the WPCentral IE website to post comments, I am "slapped" with the Disappearing Keyboard that haunted the WP os in the early days. I am bumped :S
    As such, I have to typed this post from my WP :[
    Anyone encountered this abnormaly, if so, any way to resolved it.
    Kindly share & Thanks !!!
    PS. WP8 & W8 have made me fall in love with Microsoft again :D
    03-10-2013 12:54 AM
    Hi Everyone, I finally got the Smart tablet last nite from a mega IT show currently being held in my country over this weekend. And like the thread title said... Got Mine & Loving It too ;) Windows 8 is juz so BEAUTIFUL :)
    Unboxed and spent about 2-3hrs completing the updates for W8, Apps & Asus LiveUpdate. After that, have been playing with it till pre-dawn today. The touch gestures took awhile to get acquainted but once you GET IT, it very natural & intuitive.
    However, there is this one bug/problem I encountered...
    When I tried to used the WPCentral IE website to post comments, I am "slapped" with the Disappearing Keyboard that haunted the WP os in the early days. I am bumped :S
    As such, I have to typed this post from my WP :[
    Anyone encountered this abnormaly, if so, any way to resolved it.
    Kindly share & Thanks !!!
    PS. WP8 & W8 have made me fall in love with Microsoft again :D
    I've had the same problem. Here are a few workarounds.
    1. Press submit without enterering any text and you'll get an error, but that will keep the keyboard on the screen.
    2. Or open in desktop IE.
    3. Or use Chrome.
    03-10-2013 09:56 AM
    I've had the same problem. Here are a few workarounds.
    1. Press submit without enterering any text and you'll get an error, but that will keep the keyboard on the screen.
    2. Or open in desktop IE.
    3. Or use Chrome.
    Hi Mr. Brown,
    First of all, thanks the workarounds. Appreciated !!!
    However, tip #1 not working for me. So this reply was composed using workaround #2
    As for workaround #3, I am not that enamored with anything Google/Android, I know we can't live without them totally but I tried my best to minimize using their services
    Microsoft ecosystem still the BEST

Thanks again !
    03-10-2013 10:48 AM
    Hi Mr. Brown,
    First of all, thanks the workarounds. Appreciated !!!
    However, tip #1 not working for me. So this reply was composed using workaround #2 ����
    As for workaround #3, I am not that enamored with anything Google/Android, I know we can't live without them totally but I tried my best to minimize using their services ����
    Microsoft ecosystem still the BEST ����

Thanks again !
    Glad #2 worked. Sorry I forgot #1 was a workaround for a similar forum called TabletPCReview.

I agree with you regarding Google. I have a few sites I use Chrome for, otherwise I much prefer IE10 and all things Microsoft.
    03-10-2013 11:04 AM
    Glad #2 worked. Sorry I forgot #1 was a workaround for a similar forum called TabletPCReview.

I agree with you regarding Google. I have a few sites I use Chrome for, otherwise I much prefer IE10 and all things Microsoft.
    I wish there was a site for windows 8 like wpcentral, that would make day!
    03-10-2013 11:18 AM
    I wish there was a site for windows 8 like wpcentral, that would make day!
    WPCentral is expanding towards that. But we can't do every build of Windows machine.
    03-10-2013 12:22 PM
    WPCentral is expanding towards that. But we can't do every build of Windows machine.
    I would be more interested in the coverage you do with apps and the support you provide, and the stories you cover. Those interest me the most...yeah I do realize keeping up with every windows 8 machine would a waste of time and pointless and the forums would be able to fill in the gaps of some of the minor machines where you guys could focus on some of the higher profile machines. And if there is a diamond in the rough you guys could bring those to life as well.

But being a teacher I am always looking for apps that can help in the classroom and since I have both a wp8 and my work computer is now windows 8, I am looking to integrate the two as much as possible.
    03-10-2013 02:32 PM
    Hey, Guys ! I need some advice regarding storage expansion.....

Can I insert a 64Gb microSDXC card into a microSD card reader which Asus website specified that only microSDHC card can be used ?
    The reason I seek your advice is because the maximum capacity of a microSDHC is up to 32Gb. But I actually need more than that for my data storage. I am also afraid that if I go ahead and buy the 64Gb microSDXC card which is not cheap, I may not be able to use it and it become a useless white elephant. Thanks
    04-12-2013 12:42 PM
    Hey, Guys ! I need some advice regarding storage expansion.....

Can I insert a 64Gb microSDXC card into a microSD card reader which Asus website specified that only microSDHC card can be used ?
    The reason I seek your advice is because the maximum capacity of a microSDHC is up to 32Gb. But I actually need more than that for my data storage. I am also afraid that if I go ahead and buy the 64Gb microSDXC card which is not cheap, I may not be able to use it and it become a useless white elephant. Thanks
    Yes, microSDXC is supported. That is what I have in mine. I originally had the card in my Surface RT, then transferred it to my Smart when I got it.
    04-12-2013 03:48 PM
    Yes, microSDXC is supported. That is what I have in mine. I originally had the card in my Surface RT, then transferred it to my Smart when I got it.
    Thank You Mr. Brown
    That is most helpful, now at least I got the peace of mind to go and buy the microSDXC card.
    Cheers man !
    04-13-2013 03:11 AM
    I've got one of these 64gb SDXC cards in mine and it works fine
    Kingston 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Flash Card SDCX10/64GB - Scan.co.uk
    robinleck likes this.
    04-15-2013 03:28 AM
    Had mine for a couple of months now and I must say it's a great little tab. Great for quickly checking stuff on the net or playing some of the xBox games to pass the time. Used mine while on holiday to watch films on the flight and it was a perfect size for the job. As to what do you call it I refer to it as the Tab.
    05-24-2013 09:03 AM
37 12