Vivotab Smart BIOS 0403

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

Anyone else having an issue with latest version of LiveUpdate ? Mine is showing a Bios update for version 0403 of Bios but after selecting bios and clicking 'install'

it restarts without applying change. and still shows as an available update.

Weird!

Buren06

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I can also confirm. It is in the install queue and installs/restarts normally, but remains in the liveupdate app. Doesn't register as having installed.

JackN

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
You guys are not alone. The live update of mine does not work since day one....(error: Cannot connect to server)..... :( Even after i did a full reset, it is still the same.
So i did driver update one by one... 1.0 -> 1.9 -> 2.1.0.8. I had live update version updated to 2.1.0.8, still unable to get it connect. I give up..

Today, I log a call to ASUS hotline support. Their response was it got to do with Windows 8 and we need to get help from Windows. Well...well.. haha

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

Anyone else having an issue with latest version of LiveUpdate ? Mine is showing a Bios update for version 0403 of Bios but after selecting bios and clicking 'install'

it restarts without applying change. and still shows as an available update.

Weird!

Mine did the same thing, but it actually did update the first time it ran. You can check that by typing in msinfo32 and pressing enter from the start scree or run command. You should see that it's actually updated.

For everyone else with issues, make sure you have a good WiFi connection and that your plugged into power.

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you are having trouble getting the Live Update to work or communicate with our servers, please install the version that is on our support site. We recently added it there a few days ago. It should work.

capttaz1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi its not working for me, i un installed the previous version and installed a new version, it keeps saying i am not connected to the network, i reinstalled windows and still the same message! everything works, internet and all but cant get update to work

anon(5732211)

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem. I'm always getting the LiveUpdate notification for Bios version 0403 which I have already installed. After every install the system restarts and then a notification pops up again saying a bios update 0403 is available. I have the LiveUpdate V2.1.0.8 installed and still experiencing the same issue.

Jeffrey Seymore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi its not working for me, i un installed the previous version and installed a new version, it keeps saying i am not connected to the network, i reinstalled windows and still the same message! everything works, internet and all but cant get update to work

I am getting this as well. Has the new larger interface and you click update and it says I am not connected to the network. And I clearly am. I am typing this on it now...

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to download last Asus LiveUpdate ver 2.1.2.11. It took a while and about 20 attempts :(
You can download it from here http://www.filedropper.com/426024513
Just extract and start install.cmd (you can also run setup.exe, but it seems install.cmd do some additional tasks to allow to install this updated version).

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys Ii does install the Bios, it just doesn't update in the app itself, but if you leave it after doing update once it should disappear from the list after couple of days, at least that's what happened to me. BY THE WAY it's good to see some other Vivo Smart users. How do you like it so far? I have swapped my Surface RT two months ago for Smart and I really love it, it's a great tablet with full Windows 8 support ( of course built quality is not comparable to Surface but anyways it's great!)

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I too have installed the latest update to Live Update and this has stopped the recurring message to install BIOS 0403.

I have had my smart for about a month now and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. The build quality is sound enough as long as your not using it on an oil rig or construction site, but it is way better as a tablet than the surface rt. Will run any desktop app I have thrown at it so far including Office 2013, which runs so smooth. Will also let me watch LOVEFILM.

Received the transleeve cover yesterday from Amazon, which means can now stop carrying it around in a sleeve and it will stand up on its own, looking forward to getting used to the origami needed to use it though.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes button just doesn't respond fast enough. So you tap it again and think it doesn't work.

Just tap and hold finger for a while.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I was able to download last Asus LiveUpdate ver 2.1.2.11. It took a while and about 20 attempts :(
You can download it from here http://www.filedropper.com/426024513
Just extract and start install.cmd (you can also run setup.exe, but it seems install.cmd do some additional tasks to allow to install this updated version).

Hi Ray,
Just want to say thanks for download link. I installed as per your advice and now the intermittent bios update alerts is gone for good.
You've been a great help ��

tmn0

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Can update bios by manual? I had instal vv.2.1.0.8 but can't connect to server

utf-8Q2013-04-155F184645_zpsa2a2e8bf.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12