Start8 Issues

Edward Mansfield

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I installed Start8 on my Smart shortly after I bought it - I hate not having the start menu when in desktop mode. It appears to work really well, but I am wondering if it is responsible for the battery drain I am experiencing during sleep mode. Has anyone else encountered any problems with Start8?

EM

Kiwi Dave

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't looked at Start8, but did notice that the 'mail' app was really draining the battery (when in sleep mode). I've changed my email accounts to sync hourly (rather than as items arrive) and have noticed improvement in 'sleep battery drain'.

KD.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I keep the mail app open on mine all the time and I have great battery life. My work email account is set for "As items arrive", but the rest of my accounts are set to manually retrieve email. I wouldn't think the Start8 program would cause battery drain, but it's possible. Do you usually tap the power button to put it to sleep or do you let it go to sleep on its own? Also, as I mentioned in my other post, try closing most if not all your apps when your not using them. You may have a bad app that doesn't allow it to go to sleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss