External Hard Drive

Kiwi Dave

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi team,

Another question for the masses. Is anyone using an external 'portable' hard drive successfully? I tried to use a 'Segate GoFlex 750 Ultra Portable' but couldn't get it to work. I don't think the USB on the tablet provides enough power to drive the unit (was getting slow beeps from the device - searching on google indicated power issues). This hard drive works fine connected to my latop, just not on the tablet. Thumb drives work fine on the tablet - so I don't think it's a faulty USB on the tablet.

Any reccomendiations for portable (USB powered) Hard Drives, that have been proven to work with the VivoTab Smart? Want something portable and around 1G of storage (ideally) - off on a long haul and want to take some movies..

Cheers
KD.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Western Digital worked for me with the WD app. Not sure it worked prior to the app. I don't know what model, but it's at least 5 years old, so I'd think any of the newer ones would as well.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have used my 500GB Toshiba successfully. You need to get an OTG (On the go) USB adapter (USB to microUSB) from Amazon. They are like 3-5$ but it has the power wires correctly oriented to power the HD. I wouldn't stream a movie from it though since I think it would kill the tablet battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786