08-29-2013 05:37 PM
43 12
tools
    Hi Mr Brown you mention this

I updated mine and the screen is stuck on. I mean I push the power button and the screen goes black, but it has a glow to it and at night it actually lights up the room with a black screen. I left it off the charger just to see if the screen would kick off and it never did, it just ran the battery dead.

I get the same problem, I don't know what to do, I read that you solve it, can you help me ?
    Just had to remove the old driver package (uninstall from programs and features) then reinstall it again.
    07-13-2013 10:30 AM
    I installed windows 8.1 and looks nice and it is fast but I tried to fix the battery icon but no fix, I noticed that the apps don't close, the keep running in background and that is big issue, add-ons in IE11 does not work, the Asus camera does not work and the windows camera is working with very bad resolution, I think it is not close to megapixel. For me it is not ready for this tablet so I am going back to 8 and I am going to wait for final release.
    07-13-2013 11:47 PM
    I noticed that the apps don't close, the keep running in background and that is big issue
    The apps are tombstoned, they don't keep running.
    07-18-2013 03:52 AM
    For some reason, the sound (from the speaker only), is extremely quiet since I installed 8.1. This may be a poorly timed coincidence, but I wonder if it has something to do with Sonicsound Audio? I don't actually remember seeing it in control panel, but then again had no reason to check as the sound was fine before, however it is meant to come with VivoTab Smart, but isn't there. Any thoughts?
    07-21-2013 04:44 PM
    Easy update Windows 8 to 8.1
    • Click link, run.
    • Instal uptate.
    • Reboot.
    • Install Windows 8.1

08-08-2013 03:11 PM
    Hi team,

How long did this update take for you? I've followed the above steps (ie run the update from the Store) but the update never seems to complete. I restart the device, and the update installs, then it gets to a start up screen showing "Getting devices ready" - and never moves on from there. the little white circle of dots keeps spinning, but nothing else.

I've left the tablet in this state for around 48hrs before crashing (which I do by holding down the power button). when I restart after this, the device reloads my prior version of windows (telling me something went wrong with the update, so my prior version is being reinstalled).

any ideas?
    and approx how long would be really useful....

Cheers
    KD
    08-14-2013 09:16 PM
    Hi team,

How long did this update take for you? I've followed the above steps (ie run the update from the Store) but the update never seems to complete. I restart the device, and the update installs, then it gets to a start up screen showing "Getting devices ready" - and never moves on from there. the little white circle of dots keeps spinning, but nothing else.

I've left the tablet in this state for around 48hrs before crashing (which I do by holding down the power button). when I restart after this, the device reloads my prior version of windows (telling me something went wrong with the update, so my prior version is being reinstalled).

any ideas?
    and approx how long would be really useful....

Cheers
    KD
    Mine took about 2 hours. I suggest that you refresh your PC (PC settings > general > Refresh your PC without affecting your files) and then try the update to 8.1 again. I'm thinking you have something installed that doesn't go well with the update.
    Kiwi Dave likes this.
    08-15-2013 08:00 AM
    Have problem pairing my Lumia 620 with my Laptop Asus K55 through Bluetooth, it disconnects immediately... anyone has similar problem like mine
    08-15-2013 08:11 AM
    Mine took about 2 hours. I suggest that you refresh your PC (PC settings > general > Refresh your PC without affecting your files) and then try the update to 8.1 again. I'm thinking you have something installed that doesn't go well with the update.
    This worked, thanks...

Kd
    Last edited by Kiwi Dave; 08-21-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    08-16-2013 04:56 PM
    Anyone have an issue to the battery issue yet (other than needing to scan for hardware changes after each reboot)?
    08-21-2013 01:08 AM
    Returned back to stock Win8 long time ago. 8.1 preview is useless for me. To many bugs. Sometimes touch screen goes totally unresponsible. I was near the point of breaking tablet :(
    08-21-2013 01:46 AM
    Wow, I've found it to be rather stable. Haven't had many issues at all.
    08-21-2013 04:40 AM
    Geez I've been looking at the VivoTab Smart, teetering on whether to buy it or wait. It's coming up on a year old and Windows 8.1 will be RTM possibly as early as this or next week. I don't know if I can stand to wait four to eight weeks to see if any leaps in technology show up. The other question is, if anything new and great does show up, will have a price as sweet as the current VivoTab price. Oh the pain, the pain.
    08-21-2013 04:31 PM
    If you want my opinion, I think there are some better options than there were a year ago. When I got my vivo tab, it was easily the best deal for a full Windows 8 tablet, but now you can choose from the Lenovo Lynx ($387), the first gen Samsung Ativ smart ($450), etc. At least shop around a bit.
    08-26-2013 02:28 PM
    Lenovo Lynx - near 12'' screen! Official price 449$
    Whats the point of it?

Samsung same price. But quality?

IMHO ASUS is the better choice.
    08-27-2013 02:15 AM
    I'm looking at the Lenovo Miix. I think I'm going to try to wait another four to six weeks, to see if anything pops up with Windows 8.1 and perhaps an enhanced cpu. It's hard to imagine that can be the case and the price still hover around $450 - $500. I'm curious to see what comes about.
    08-29-2013 03:28 PM
    Why no one made 10'' with FullHD resolution based on Atom CPU!??? I don't like Surface Pro, battery life is too short for tablet!
    All tablet on Atom CPU has 1333x768 resolution! Is it CPU/GPU limitation? I found myself that I use iPad3 more for internet browsing than VivoTab. Just because I love cRetina display. And 16x9 resolution is good for gaming and video, but awful for internet!
    08-29-2013 04:30 PM
    I would not be surprised CPU/GPU limitations play a part. Everything I read suggests Atom is adequate as configured but it always seems like it is spoken of as borderline - everyone's great concern is how slow and how smooth graphics may or may not be. Although I ultimately want a good, solid Windows tablet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I feel like they just aren't quite there yet. There will probably be something more to my liking within another six months for sure. I've even considered a Nook HD+ to play with in the interim. It's got nice specs and the 32 GB model is only $180 (this amuses me). I don't currently own an Android device but it may do all I want until a better selection of Windows devices are available.
    08-29-2013 05:37 PM
43 12