• 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
08-29-2013 04:37 PM
43 12
tools
    Hello,

Anyone updated to Windows 8.1 preview? I have installed yesterday and faced a few problems

1. WiFi lost connection - fix: check driver properties. Some of them are in wrong state, like limit connection to only B or G and so on
    2. No battery icon at all. - temporarily fix - Delete Microsoft AC adapter drive in hardware and re-scan for changes. After restart of your tablet you need to repeat this step.
    3. drivers. Just install last packed of drivers.

I cannot say a lot about changes in 8.1, but most important for me is ability to make icons small so I don't have big canvas of icons on main screen.

Ask questions if you have, I will try to answer.
    Twitter@Firas_MD and Huime like this.
    06-27-2013 05:40 AM
    Hello,

i have updatet also to the Windows 8.1 Preview and have the same problems with the battery icon. The problem is I cannot see the actual charge state.

Maybe there will be a fix to this issue.
    06-27-2013 06:46 AM
    For me, now the system is lagging, isn't smoothness at all.
    What does it happen?
    Where can i find the drivers?
    06-27-2013 06:52 AM
    For me, now the system is lagging, isn't smoothness at all.
    What does it happen?
    Where can i find the drivers?
    Use same driver package from asus web site.
    https://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/...rt_Download_35
    06-27-2013 07:09 AM
    Both cameras aren't working...seems a driver issue. I also experienced sluggishness on metro. Tried reinstalling the drivers with no luck
    06-27-2013 07:32 AM
    Me to.
    Even with driver installation. It seems I loose Intel graphics drivers...
    Asus camera software doesn't work anymore.
    I bellow I have to return to windows 8...
    06-27-2013 07:38 AM
    I've installed the GMA drivers from a HP Envy X2 and graphics is now fluid.
    Any ideas to get the cameras working?
    06-27-2013 08:41 AM
    good to know.
    for camera, use the windows app.
    06-27-2013 09:22 AM
    I updated mine and the screen is stuck on. I mean I push the power button and the screen goes black, but it has a glow to it and at night it actually lights up the room with a black screen. I left it off the charger just to see if the screen would kick off and it never did, it just ran the battery dead.

On a side note, I did update my Surface Pro and it works great other than the Cisco VPN client that used to work.
    06-27-2013 01:50 PM
    I've tried all the steps including the drivers from Asus, HP Envy, and uninstalling the AC adapter driver in hardware. When I restart, the battery icon is no longer there. I can't change screen brightness. It's stuck using the basic Microsoft display driver so screen navigation is terrible. And my screen won't turn off unless I power down the tablet. This sucks! But I guess that is what I get for installing a preview release.
    06-27-2013 05:35 PM
    This should not be like this. I just reinstalled drivers package from asus and everything is working.
    Camera works for internal app and now it's very very fast! Asus camera shows black screen, but itu takes pictures if you press on-screen button.
    06-27-2013 10:52 PM
    Working like a breeze on my Acer Iconia Tab w510 which apparently has the same Atom chipset as the VivoTab. I am quite surprised why are you facing problems with VivoTab smart!
    06-28-2013 01:01 AM
    I had exactly the same problem, I couldn't change screen brightness and no battery icon. Didn't know what to do.
    But checked Windows Update this morning and it downloaded and installed an Intel driver update for Intel GMA. Everything is now working perfectly. The changes and improvements in 8.1 are really good.

Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C

Update: Asus camera is still not working, Microsoft camera is.
    Last edited by StatD; 06-28-2013 at 03:29 AM.
    06-28-2013 01:26 AM
    It is working now. Just had to remove the old driver package then reinstall it again. Thanks everyone!
    Is anyone else's sound working on theirs? Mine shows a good driver and I can adjust the vol level but cannot hear anything.
    06-28-2013 02:16 AM
    Check windows update. There are new Intel graphics drivers just released
    Narathan likes this.
    06-28-2013 03:31 AM
    Forced to rollback this driver :(
    Crashed when closing lid and waiting for a few minutes.
    06-28-2013 07:21 AM
    For those who updated to 8.1, is your sound working?
    06-28-2013 08:42 AM
    Forced to rollback this driver :(
    Crashed when closing lid and waiting for a few minutes.
    Your going to roll back the graphics driver? Mine never did show an updated driver from windows updates.
    06-28-2013 08:43 AM
    For those who updated to 8.1, is your sound working?
    Yes it is.
    This morning I restart all from the beggining, and it is working properly.
    Win 8.1 is absoluty perfect, faster than previous and very smooth.
    Good job Microsoft!
    06-28-2013 12:07 PM
    When I started reading this thread I thought to myself "well, maybe I'll just stick to the vanilla for the time being".

But it looks like the worst problems is fixed with new drivers from Intel.

My Vivotab is brand new, but I can't wait to install,the 8.1.

I tried earlier to install, but got error message.. I'm installing windows updates as we speak - hopefully that's what's missing!

Btw, is it possible to create a backup ISO? And maybe store on SkyDrive?
    06-28-2013 02:32 PM
    Your going to roll back the graphics driver? Mine never did show an updated driver from windows updates.
    I just clicked windows update and showed me that driver. But as I said, with this driver tablet crashes every time you press power button. After rollback everything is back.
    06-28-2013 04:47 PM
    Can anyone confirm this:
    I see strange multitasking behavior of metro applications. In 8.0 when you swipe from top of screen, you close application. Now if you do the same, application seems closed and if you start it again if will loads from start. But, if you close application then open task manager you still can see this application on first tab and if you double click on app, you will be switched to it and application will be at the point of time when you close it. For example run calc, enter some number and make calculation. Close calc, run task manager and double click on calc. You will see that you numbers are still there. Same for games. All those app are still on memory. I don't know is this normal behavior for 8.1, but for me it looks lie bug. If I close app, it must be closed.
    06-29-2013 06:13 AM
    07-01-2013 03:08 AM
    Hi Mr Brown you mention this

I updated mine and the screen is stuck on. I mean I push the power button and the screen goes black, but it has a glow to it and at night it actually lights up the room with a black screen. I left it off the charger just to see if the screen would kick off and it never did, it just ran the battery dead.

I get the same problem, I don't know what to do, I read that you solve it, can you help me ?
    07-07-2013 12:55 AM
    Reinstall drivers from asus
    07-07-2013 03:28 AM
43 12