04-06-2015 11:47 PM
33 12
tools
    Hey , please someone make a form which we can fill and collect some signatures. if it is their fault than we are idiots sitting at home and paying them
    08-25-2013 06:23 AM
    08-25-2013 06:48 AM
    I have signed the petition
    : this is my second ASUS with cracked screen. I bought my 1st last week in March and the screen cracked into pieces from a very minor slip. i found thid incredicble as as the distance was less that a metre and it fell on carpeted floor. I clasim on my insurance and they finally paid up in July. bacause i had invested a bit in accessories (cables, screen & keyboard cover) i bought another immediately. but to my dismay this too has cracked (internally) however this time around, there was no accident or fall. .

i feel duped, as i really thought long and hard before going for the vivotab
    09-24-2013 07:25 AM
    Really strange behavior you have.

When I first installed Win8.1 and got very bad responsive from touch, I beat it with fists very hard! And guest what? Nothing happened with screen. I have ASUS sleeve keyboard and I keep tablet in my notebook bag. Everything is ok.
    09-26-2013 01:26 AM
    dropping your tablet is not "cracking by itself". It doesnt take a lot of force to cause the screen to crack and spider out. If the impact is focused on the corner, it will easily stress the entire screen.

I still have a heard time believing anything in this thread.

Cracked screen are part of owning a smart phone and a tablet. Things dont just break.
    Ray Adams likes this.
    10-01-2013 01:14 PM
    Yes they do.

The glass in these is NOT Gorilla Glass. Very fragile. I know because mine also cracked. I have taken the screen off (unbelievable how fragile the glass is).

I am stuck with mine. (No site ANYWHERE on the web has replacement parts for just this screen model either - plenty of all the other Asus VivoTab models - just not the ME400. Why does ASUS not also make this glass replacement available? Because it is dodgy?).

I have also seen quite a few ME400s on Ebay WITH a cracked screen being sold off.

I am very p*ssed off also. (Own dozens of phones, tablets, gadgets and have never had this happen).
    10-11-2013 07:58 AM
    Has anyone ever found a source for these Vivotab ME 400C screens at a reasonable price?...our story is the same a many above, screen cracked after 2 months with absolutely no reason, Asus service would only repair if we paid about $200 Canadian... about 50% of what we paid in Dec of 2013...I think it is due to a poor design with a defective screen that has internal stresses, but prove it?
    04-05-2014 09:57 AM
    I spent many years in the glass business. Glass failure is common place. Often the glass is stressed leaving the factory and develops a stress fracture with change of just a few degrees. Ask Asus, you never know.
    04-06-2015 11:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD