Battery charging time has increased.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed my charging time has increased on my VivoTab. I used to be able to charge it completely overnight but the past few times I plugged it in around 10pm and at 6am it still wasn't charged. I haven't noticed any shorter life or anything, just not charging as fast as it used to.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Getting old ( number of charges) next time -if you're not already doing it let it discharge all the way but only once a month.
They don't (Li-Ion) have a charge memory so the other times it's actually better to allow only partial discharges (40-50%) followed by a charge
500 charges is the average life and then they take forever to charge or don't hold the charge very long.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this thing in May. It's not old. I'll try letting it go all the way dead and see if that helps, shouldn't make a difference since it's Li-ion. You are correct about having a charging life. Li-ion are only good for a certain number of charge and discharge cycles, so in theory to get the most life you should always let it go all the way down. If you charge again at 50% is like only getting half of one of your cycles. However I am no where near 500 charges.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is because of its life. I have iPad3 for more than 1 year (actually about 2 years), but total rechange time is same.
As about Vivotab I can confirm that total rechange time increased significantly! And I have it for 6 months only.
It could be a software bug, at least I hope it is software.

dbattenfl2

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Be sure to check the charging with another Micro USB cable. I started have trouble with the charging. The charge/plugged in light on the power switch would light, but Windows would show "Plugged in, Not Charging" even when it was below 50% charge. At first, I could unplug and reconnect the cable a few times and get the tablet to start charging. But after another couple weeks, it would be impossible to charge. I tried another Asus power block from my old TF700 with the same results.
I finally tried another cable and no charging trouble after that.
Charges every time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99