Windows 8.1 RTM experience on Vivotab Smart

herho

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
From Asus Support:

"Unfortunately we don't have schedule for new updates, so you need to be patient and wait automatic updates from Windows."

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Intel drivers that are installed as the latest. If you roll back the driver to the previous version (prior to 9.14.3.1168) the graphics should start working again. I can't comment on the NFC stuff since I don't really use it so have it disabled to save power.

Then I think in terms of the delay with the power button, that may very well be linked to the issue with the display drivers. Since rolling back to the previous version of the graphics drivers I haven't had this issue either. So something worth investigating!

Hope that helps! :)

Apart from those two little glitches, 8.1 seems like a pretty good upgrade on here.

herho

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Ready to throw this garbage in the wall. Have tried all kinds of old drivers. And it feels like its getting slower every day. And WiFi range sucks. Freck! I'm getting artefacts like every time I wake it up from sleep.

Only thing that works is Microsoft drivers from 2006 �� But then web browsing becomes too unresponsive.

herho

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Finally got it to work. Probably didnt disable the automatic driver updates correctly the first time. Now using 9.14.3.117 (2012-12-15)

Smiling again :p

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This method does not work and it will disable pretty much everything. This method will render the tablet unusable after signing in, I could only recover once starting up in safe mode. We just have to wait for intel or acer to have a new driver.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Graphical glitches after installing Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

I know some people who have used drivers from acer:

Re: ACER W510 Windows 8.1 graphic driver - Page 6 - Acer Community

The most important thing is to disable automatic driver installation!

I nabbed the 1117 drivers from the guys skydrive in that Microsoft link, works like a dream now. the 1099 drivers cured the laggy wake issue but I was still getting graphical corruption. So far no graphical issues.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I nabbed the 1117 drivers from the guys skydrive in that Microsoft link, works like a dream now. the 1099 drivers cured the laggy wake issue but I was still getting graphical corruption. So far no graphical issues.

Same experience for me. Updated to Win8.1 and suffered graphics driver restarts during boot from sleep. Disabled automatic driver updates and manually uninstalled lastest graphics driver and then manually installed 1117 graphics driver available from the second post in the Microsoft Community thread linked to. All works fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo