Ever since I updated my Vivotab Smart to Win 8.1 I've had so many problems. First it was the lag on wake up, the background not staying after I set it, display drivers crashing. Them came the updates which took care of the lag on wake up but that's about it. I still get a error on start up about a driver failing to load, and now it keeps erasing my micro sd card randomly. It tells me to choose what I want it to do when it get inserted, even though its been there for a month, it shows none of my files on the card even though the properties menu sys that 8GB are used. Only way to fix t is format it and load files back on it, only to have it happen again. This is really frustrating.
    12-02-2013 09:11 PM
    Have you contacted Asus support and asked them for suggestions to fix the problems?
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-02-2013 11:56 PM
    Yes, their answer for every question is a system reset. Problem with SD card? System reset. Error message on startup? System reset. Dropped tablet in pool? System reset. Car engine making funny noise? System reset. Obamacare screwing up health care system? System reset. Haven't really wanted to do a reset and start all over. Will be trying a Windows Refresh which says won't mess with my files.
    12-04-2013 07:08 PM
    Well the "Refresh" function didn't work so I backed everything up and did a full system restore. After the restore completed I could not download any Windows updates, it would just stay at 0% downloaded even though it found 85 updates available (this is before updating to 8.1). I did another restore and same results, couldn't download any Windows updates.
    12-08-2013 04:33 PM
    Well the "Refresh" function didn't work so I backed everything up and did a full system restore. After the restore completed I could not download any Windows updates, it would just stay at 0% downloaded even though it found 85 updates available (this is before updating to 8.1). I did another restore and same results, couldn't download any Windows updates.
    I'd take it back to the store mate that sounds like one mucked up tablet
    12-08-2013 05:33 PM
    Asus vivotab smart & win8.1 updates..

I was an early adopter for the Asus vivotab smart. Fascinated by seeing the windows running on a small tablet, i bought this one & but i should admit, my ride with this tablet is not smoothy so far.
    With Windows 8
    The tablet used to crash or hung every time i used it. But things changed when i received bios update from asus & the regular software updates from Windows. Later i got the win 8.1 updates too.
    With win8.1, the tablet ran smooth & i am pretty happy with that. Occassionaly, it would still die with an error sdcard internal error. But i didnt mind as it happened rarely like once in 2 weeks compared to 10 times early.
    Recently, i just thought to find out the reason for this sd card internal error & contacted Asus support. As usual, they suggested to reset it.
    Right now, i have reset it to windows 8. I too faced the 0% download issue (restarted & ran download troubleshooter) & it got fixed.
    Now downloading windows 8.1.

Hope everything will get resolved
    12-15-2013 12:54 PM
    It's a shame you are having issues. I too was an early adopter - but I've loved the experience. Windows 8.1 beta wasn't great - but Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have both been good/solid platforms. I use the tablet for work purposes, so mostly only use MS Office, and haven't had many issues at all...

At some stage in the near future I'll upgrade, so I get more processor power, but this tablet has worked out well for me.
    12-16-2013 04:39 PM
    I finally got my Asus up and running again. It took a full reset, multiple times, but I finally got all the updates reinstalled and upgraded to 8.1 again and so far all is running really well. Screen wake time is good, no SD card issues yet, battery duration has been better as well as recharge time. It was kind of a pain but it was worth it.
    12-17-2013 09:13 PM
    Actually the subject is not true with me anyway, running smooth enough under win8 and bit better with win8.1, even connected as ltd with good stability, could boot up with bootable USB flash with bios security boot disable along with quick boot disabled@ volume down+power button , stock browser far better and smoother than any other browser ,for AV I've used webroot secrityanywhere complete and doing fine enough in protection and so low with system resources, for charging Samsung adaptor@2amps is better than Asus's own one! Battery performance is great , for better overall performance tune-up utilities used and I've got disabled unnecessary apps leaving enough virtual memory for in demand apps.

This tab (me400cl) is a real wonder under win8.1 , i'v to say thnx MS you've done a great job ,you've just been too late for tabs department but surely no android operating system could compete here
    Last edited by dhofari; 12-24-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    12-23-2013 06:45 AM
    How did you do a full reset? I'm having this trouble as well, and would like to try to resolve it finally.
    08-09-2014 05:38 PM