MS should advertise Bing Vision more

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a lot of WP commercials and they all advertise WP by showing off the home screen and/or apps. I think MS should really show off Bing Vision with its translation feature, because I think that Bing Vision is one of the really awesome features of the OS. It's so simple, all you need to do is touch the search button and touch the eye. It's practical and useful at the same time. It's built in the OS. And, it performs its job beautifully. Anyone agree?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What does it do?

It lets you scan words from your camera (OCR), and then lets you translate the scanned words. You should try it out, it's amazing!

To use it: Touch the Search button on your phone, then touch the eye icon at the bottom of the Bing app. Put your phone's camera over some text and touch "scan text"!

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is great. I just tried it and its amazing, translated "Windows 7" and "Radeon Graphics" stickers on my laptop to native language Urdu.
This means an application can be developed to scan the books and photocopy can be avoided. It could be very useful for students and even business people to save the documents.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I would use a feature for making a document using the vision feature because the layout of whatever I'm scanning might get messed up. There is a way to copy all text to clipboard after you scan it though.

If I want to copy and save anything on windows phone to document, I'd probably use handyscan. Its a nice little useful app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre