01-26-2014 12:51 PM
36 12
tools
    I just absolutely love Bing. Great search engine that integrates with my Microsoft ecosystem all nice and cozy, while providing great search results and an awesome user interface!! Since I have first started using Bing, I've never had a moment of "I kinda want to use Google again". Great job Microsoft!

Now, for the even better part. Bing Rewards. This program is the bomb! These Windows Phone app cards I can redeem make Bing awesome and an extreme joy to use for me. I can get the best apps on Windows Phone for free! It's a win-win for all sides I believe; Bing earns dedicated users (me), I get an awesome service and apps for free, and more developers earn money! :)

Tell me guys, do you use Bing? What are your opinions on it?
    07-17-2013 06:57 AM
    I think if rewards were available in the UK I would be able to push Google away. As it stands now though, I keep going back to Google...
    07-17-2013 07:00 AM
    I've earned about $30-$40 for wp8 apps using Bing rewards. Its great! I just make sure to do enough searches every day to earn the max points (30).
    felickz likes this.
    07-17-2013 07:03 AM
    Ugh, I don't search enough everyday to naturally get the max number >.< I did earn more than fifteen dollars so far :)
    07-17-2013 07:29 AM
    I just turned in some reward points yesterday. Got 400 MS Points. Will be able to finish watching The Walking Dead 3rd season.
    07-17-2013 09:08 AM
    Bing Rewards are great, I use it for Amazon and Windows Phone apps, will probably save up now for Halo!
    07-17-2013 09:23 AM
    Burned up my points on the sweeps for the RT.
    07-17-2013 09:23 AM
    I do go back to google occasionally because google does return better results at times - bing is sufficient most of the time however
    07-17-2013 09:26 AM
    The Bing rewards are awesome. I have got free Skype and Windows Phone apps using Bing points. Did I mention I have to search a lot for work?
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-23-2013 12:15 PM
    It's the only search engine I use and have racked up numerous rewards mainly Amazon codes and WP8 apps.
    07-31-2013 01:09 AM
    They need to integrate Bing rewards into native Bing search on wp
    07-31-2013 01:12 AM
    Definitely. I wish that MS would integrate it soon... So much potential points.

Wait, question, if you search on your WP, do you get awarded credits for that search?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-31-2013 10:11 AM
    Ugh, I don't search enough everyday to naturally get the max number >.< I did earn more than fifteen dollars so far :)
    I made Bing my wife's and parents' default search engine on their laptops and signed into my account. So I have 3 other people racking up points for me. :)
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:23 AM
    I made Bing my wife's and parents' default search engine on their laptops and signed into my account. So I have 3 other people racking up points for me. :)
    Shame on you... You should have set them up with their own accounts. I set my wife and mom up with Bing rewards, not sure how much of if my mom uses it, but my wife does for sure.
    ninjaap likes this.
    07-31-2013 12:28 PM
    Shame on you... You should have set them up with their own accounts. I set my wife and mom up with Bing rewards, not sure how much of if my mom uses it, but my wife does for sure.
    Hahaha that's great .

But I do love Bing. It's a beautiful search engine, good results, and the reward program is fantastic.

Only problem is that at work (on a Mac ) I use Chrome. I do a lot of searches and I usually type them directly into the address bar so it automatically uses Google. Damn, I need to install IE because I would have a TON more points if I did that.....
    07-31-2013 03:46 PM
    Definitely. I wish that MS would integrate it soon... So much potential points.

Wait, question, if you search on your WP, do you get awarded credits for that search?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    not that I've noticed, and believe me I've tried
    07-31-2013 05:04 PM
    Hahaha don't worry. I always get $5 amazon gift cards, which we all share. Since everyone in my family tends to use my Prime account, they're all welcome to use the gift cards. At least this way we rack up points faster.
    07-31-2013 07:19 PM
    Hahaha don't worry. I always get $5 amazon gift cards, which we all share. Since everyone in my family tends to use my Prime account, they're all welcome to use the gift cards. At least this way we rack up points faster.
    yeah, but they could each get rewards individually and you'd have 2-3 times the amazon cards to share @_@

What I often do, is first thing in the morning, scoop up the 1 point click(s), then click on any of the news feeds at the bottom that look interesting... After that, I hit images and just keep clicking the suggestions in the right column till I've received all my points... Then the rest of the day is pointless* searches, but that's OK.... I wind up getting my 16 points in under 10min

* Pointless towards gaining reward points, but searches I need/want to do :)
    Last edited by sinime; 08-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    08-01-2013 02:22 PM
    Hahaha that's great .

But I do love Bing. It's a beautiful search engine, good results, and the reward program is fantastic.

Only problem is that at work (on a Mac ) I use Chrome. I do a lot of searches and I usually type them directly into the address bar so it automatically uses Google. Damn, I need to install IE because I would have a TON more points if I did that.....
    You can set cchrome's default search engine to Bing....
    08-31-2013 01:47 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the search rewards not working? The last two days, none of my searches are yielding any points. I've cleared cookies, tried randomized words, waited 24 hours, and I still can't get it to tally my points.
    10-10-2013 05:06 PM
    Since Bing's logo has been changed, I think it should be updated on the Forum's front page too.

3276.logo_thumb_322f1d05_r1_c1.jpg
    10-11-2013 03:46 AM
    I sent my wife a few starbucks gift cards through email. When she realized that she could be getting amazon/starbucks dollars just by using bing as her regular search engine she made an account and started racking up the points as well :)
    10-18-2013 05:00 PM
    I wish the UK had bing rewards, I use bing so much it keep asking me every few days "Are you human or robot due to the level of searching can you answer this question to make sure your not automated".
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 10-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Muessig likes this.
    10-20-2013 09:29 AM
    I just absolutely love Bing. Great search engine that integrates with my Microsoft ecosystem all nice and cozy, while providing great search results and an awesome user interface!! Since I have first started using Bing, I've never had a moment of "I kinda want to use Google again". Great job Microsoft!

Now, for the even better part. Bing Rewards. This program is the bomb! These Windows Phone app cards I can redeem make Bing awesome and an extreme joy to use for me. I can get the best apps on Windows Phone for free! It's a win-win for all sides I believe; Bing earns dedicated users (me), I get an awesome service and apps for free, and more developers earn money! :)

Tell me guys, do you use Bing? What are your opinions on it?
    I personally began using it this week and absolutely love it. Someone told me I could get free Amazon gift cards so I said to myself, why not? Best decision I could have ever made. I don't regret it at all. :)
    10-20-2013 06:31 PM
    Bing Rewards pays for my Starbucks.
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-21-2013 01:39 AM
36 12