Bing and Foxnews team up. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.

So by your logic, all who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc. are "crackers" in the eyes of Negros and Hispanics? Stupid is an equal opportunity affliction. If a "liberal" can't listen to a conservative, or vice-versa, and form his/her own opinion about the issues without the ideological BS blinding them, they deserve everything they get.

For my international brothers and sisters, don't try to comprehend these posts. It's like listening to the Grateful Dead: if I have to explain, you won't understand.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't Al Sharpton work for MSNBC? And its a bit of a generalization to suggest the black community and their support (or alleged support because not all of us do) of a public figure is the lone reason racism "run rampant"
It's not the lone reason, but its a HUGE instigator. What happens when a member of the black community speaks out about black on black crime and the entitlement attitude? He gets shunned like Bill Cosby.
Al Sharpton has made it his career to keep racism alive and cooking. CNN and MSNBC turn a blind eye to it and therefore allow him to keep on "preaching." This gives their news a very bias perspective that is almost never countered by an opposing opinion.

Fox News anchors are generally conservative, but they almost always have guests of opposing views discuss back and forth. I've actually been swayed to a more liberal view by watching some of their shows and guest discussions.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So by your logic, all who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc. are "crackers" in the eyes of Negros and Hispanics? Stupid is an equal opportunity affliction. If a "liberal" can't listen to a conservative, or vice-versa, and form his/her own opinion about the issues without the ideological BS blinding them, they deserve everything they get.

For my international brothers and sisters, don't try to comprehend these posts. It's like listening to the Grateful Dead: if I have to explain, you won't understand.

You realize that news guests and anchors have a huge impact on political opinions of their viewers right? It's no different than most people following the political views of their parents.

If a news station presents guest's opinions without providing objective counter arguments or guests that oppose their views, their viewers are going to be heavily swayed by those views. Most people aren't smart like us, their political opinions are heavily constructed by the news and their peers close to them.

Why do you think Apple has been so successful? Why do you think carriers are so successful at pushing Android phones? Because few people actually investigate things themselves and form opinions from their own discovery. Most people are either too lazy, or too busy with other things to take their own time on the subject.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you watched CNN, all they do is instigate racist agendas, propogating the very thing that they pretend to be outraged by.

What exactly is a racist agenda? Is calling out those who have disrespected the President of the United States in ways never before seen, a racist agenda? Is reporting the growing disparity between the haves and the have nots a racist agenda? Please explain it to me. This is coming from a Latino man who has been called "****" enough times in the 44 years living in this country.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You realize that news guests and anchors have a huge impact on political opinions of their viewers right? It's no different than most people following the political views of their parents.

If a news station presents guest's opinions without providing objective counter arguments or guests that oppose their views, their viewers are going to be heavily swayed by those views. Most people aren't smart like us, their political opinions are heavily constructed by the news and their peers close to them.

Why do you think Apple has been so successful? Why do you think carriers are so successful at pushing Android phones? Because few people actually investigate things themselves and form opinions from their own discovery. Most people are either too lazy, or too busy with other things to take their own time on the subject.

As Ron White opined: You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forevahhh.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is a racist agenda? Is calling out those who have disrespected the President of the United States in ways never before seen, a racist agenda? Is reporting the growing disparity between the haves and the have nots a racist agenda? Please explain it to me. This is coming from a Latino man who has been called "****" enough times in the 44 years living in this country.

You are fvcking kidding right? Disrespected the President in ways never seen before? Presidents as recent as George Bush have been insulted and called very horrible things. Bush hate wad horrible, absolutely cruel and ugly. But you think this is new/worse with Obama?

This is exactly the problem we have in our society. Its gotten to the point where people who disagree with Obama are being called racists. People are using the race card as a reason to defend his actions and opinions. That is just as racist as someone calling Obama the n word or any other derogatory term.

Yes, racism still exists and there are ugly bigots shouting horrible words. But there is also a massive man hunt for any racist to the point where completely fair individuals are being attacked as racists. People like Al Sharpton are pushing the race card any time they can as an escape goat for responsibility.

My mom, the most innocent liberal mind when it comes to race, had a 4 month investigation against her at her work because a black subordinate claimed she didn't promote him because of his race. Guess what? She was found innocent of the accusation. After the whole thing was over, she is now more prejudice because she judges that race by her horrible experience.

Race is now being used as an excuse to be lazy and short cut success. And its pissing off the least judgmental people in the nation to the point they actually become judgmental.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Seriously? You need to pay more attention to what's going on, Obama has destroyed this country and is treated like a god by the media, and anyone who disagrees is a racist, or any man who defends himself against violence from a black man is racist...but when black youth shot a baby in the head in the stroller, where was al sharpton and president Obama on that, no where, because they're racists. I have both CNN and fox news apps on my WP desktop, I read them both daily. One I'm appalled at and one I'm not, one reports the news fairly well, with opposing view point guests etc., and one culls up race conflict at every moment and fails to report any opposing viewpoints.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You are fvcking kidding right? Disrespected the President in ways never seen before? Presidents as recent as George Bush have been insulted and called very horrible things. Bush hate wad horrible, absolutely cruel and ugly. But you think this is new/worse with Obama?

This is exactly the problem we have in our society. Its gotten to the point where people who disagree with Obama are being called racists. People are using the race card as a reason to defend his actions and opinions. That is just as racist as someone calling Obama the n word or any other derogatory term.

Yes, racism still exists and their are ugly bigots shouting horrible words. But their is also a massive man hunt for any racist to the point where completely fair individuals are being attacked as racists. People like Al Sharpton are pushing the race card any time they can as an escape goat for responsibility.

My mom, the most innocent liberal mind when it comes to race, had a 4 month investigation against her at her work because a black subordinate claimed she didn't promote him because of his race. Guess what? She was found innocent of the accusation. After the whole thing was over, she is now more prejudice because she judges that race by her horrible experience.

Race is now being used as an excuse to be lazy and short cut success. And its pissing off the least judgmental people off, to the point they actually become judgmental.

Pictures of the White House with watermelon patches in place of the Rose Garden. Images of Obama in black face. No excuse for that. Bush was called a war-monger and had shoes thrown at him (overseas). Never saw or heard any race-related slurs hurled at Bush. I'm neither pro-Obama or anti-Obama, but he is the President. Saying that anyone who disagrees with his policies is racist is patently absurd. I didn't agree with the Iraq war, and I voted for that numbskull twice! If for no other reason than I abhorred the alternatives.

It's not all black & white in the world. There is more grey area than we care to admit.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? You need to pay more attention to what's going on, Obama has destroyed this country and is treated like a god by the media, and anyone who disagrees is a racist, or any man who defends himself against violence from a black man is racist...but when black youth shot a baby in the head in the stroller, where was al sharpton and president Obama on that, no where, because they're racists. I have both CNN and fox news apps on my WP desktop, I read them both daily. One I'm appalled at and one I'm not, one reports the news fairly well, with opposing view point guests etc., and one culls up race conflict at every moment and fails to report any opposing viewpoints.

I didn't know that only Negros can be appalled at black-on-black crime. Where was Hannity's outrage? Beck's? "Obama has destroyed this country" is the craziest catch-phrase I've ever heard. We can agree to disagree, but please, don't get personal. My finger's getting itchy around the ignore button.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know that only Negros can be appalled at black-on-black crime. Where was Hannity's outrage? Beck's? "Obama has destroyed this country" is the craziest catch-phrase I've ever heard. We can agree to disagree, but please, don't get personal. My finger's getting itchy around the ignore button.
Wow...do you really need to use the word Negros? Its 2013....not the early 1900s.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Pictures of the White House with watermelon patches in place of the Rose Garden. Images of Obama in black face. No excuse for that. Bush was called a war-monger and had shoes thrown at him (overseas). Never saw or heard any race-related slurs hurled at Bush. I'm neither pro-Obama or anti-Obama, but he is the President. Saying that anyone who disagrees with his policies is racist is patently absurd. I didn't agree with the Iraq war, and I voted for that numbskull twice! If for no other reason than I abhorred the alternatives.

It's not all black & white in the world. There is more grey area than we care to admit.

You didn't see all the Bush/Nazi posters etc? That's just as wrong and racist as a water melon white house. And people are accusing people who disagree with Obama as racists. Which is just as racist as any comment or derogatory term yelled at Obama.

There will always be racial slurs and jokes in society. At least until we are all one race.

And while yes people should respect the Presidency, Presidents are always the most ridiculed and insulted people in politics. Obama is far from the first President to face such attacks. Race involved or not.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You didn't see all the Bush/Nazi posters etc? That's just as wrong and racist as a water melon white house. And people are accusing people who disagree with Obama as racists. Which is just as racist as any comment or derogatory term yelled at Obama.

There will always be racial slurs and jokes in society. At least until we are all one race.

And while yes people should respect the Presidency, Presidents are always the most ridiculed and insulted people in politics. Obama is far from the first President to face such attacks. Race involved or not.

Carson, Leno and the rest made their fortunes ridiculing presidents. Dana Carvey owes his career to Bush 41, and that's fine. I've never seen the nazi images you speak of but I'll take your word for it. But you can't disagree this guy has had more evil-toned things thrown his way.

BTW, we are one race - the human race. Listen to The Prophet Bob Marley preach it.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Carson, Leno and the rest made their fortunes ridiculing presidents. Dana Carvey owes his career to Bush 41, and that's fine. I've never seen the nazi images you speak of but I'll take your word for it. But you can't disagree this guy has had more evil-toned things thrown his way.

BTW, we are one race - the human race. Listen to The Prophet Bob Marley preach it.

Oh, I totally disagree with you. But that's cool.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Bing/Google "Bush Nazi" Simple as that.

There were all kinds of horrible signs in protests etc during the Bush presidency.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.

ROTFL. Whatever playa. Don't post any links. Not posting them makes the point.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Good Idea. Fox has the highest ratings. If you're going to team up with one it might as well be the most watched one. Their news shows are top notched. The opinion spots are right leaning no doubt about that.

All I can say is get your news from multiple sources. All the cable news agencies lean one way or another. Even if you don't want to admit it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Good Idea. Fox has the highest ratings. If you're going to team up with one it might as well be the most watched one. Their news shows are top notched. The opinion spots are right leaning no doubt about that.

All I can say is get your news from multiple sources. All the cable news agencies lean one way or another. Even if you don't want to admit it.

Finally back on topic. Yes, Fox does enjoy higher viewership but that's expected. There are few, if any, other news outlets that are slanted to the right in the US so there's not much competition for their audience. As for straight news delivery, I've been watching AlJazeera America lately and it's pretty much non-editorial. I know the mere mention of AlJazeera conjures a bad taste in some people's mouths, but news is news.

Whatever it takes to get this platform rolling.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is good.

Fox News does blow away everyone else in ratings.

I expect MS to try to get other stations to use Bing also.

Forget the partisan politics. Get everyone to use Bing!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Because Fox News is slightly more Right Wing than Genghis Khan.

kobe-laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss