Bing and Foxnews team up. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You were told how it comes across. The language used creates an assumption.

It's like asking, "Is the 920's weight a problem?"

The weight is assumed to be an issue in the question.

If you don't want people to assume you could provide clarity.

^this

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have to say people and the relatively civil discourse on this topic. It is what I was hoping could be accomplished in this forum. Thank you WPCentral. We do have super contributors that visit here. Thanks. You make me proud.

I think people are misunderstanding this post. If I'm reading this right, you are impressed how civil our discussion has been considering the rather risky topic. Or at least the topic that evolved from the other posts.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sure it does. Don't you follow directions either? Lather, rinse and REPEAT. Repeating also helps with those people who suffer from poor reading comprehension skills.

Poor reading comprehension would be not recognizing that the first post had an implies meaning.

The exact meaning would have to be assumed by the reader in order to answer the question. If the OP wanted clarity, it should have been in the first post, or at least clarified later.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Poor reading comprehension would be not recognizing that the first post had an implies meaning.

The exact meaning would have to be assumed by the reader in order to answer the question. If the OP wanted clarity, it should have been in the first post, or at least clarified later.

Exactly.
A lot of assumption going on. If its a good thing, say why you think so.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.
A lot of assumption going on. If its a good thing, say why you think so.

So, why didn't you say what you were thinking when you made the thread?

Why did you think it could be a bad thing?

It really appears that you had a clear implication, but instead of owning up to it you're going on about people assuming things. Putting it on others instead of taking a little responsibility for starting a topic that could be touchy. The very fact that you mentioned that you are happy that the thread was so calm shows that you knew there was potential for people getting rubbed the wrong way.

Let's be clear. You have every right to your opinion. But for goodness sake, if you're going to start the thread you should own it instead of pretending you're running for political office and being purposely unclear and evasive. It brings the whole discussion lower because you are insulting our intelligence.

If your opinion is that Fox News is bad, then whoop dee doo. Not a big deal. If you changed your mind after posting, then "my bad" is perfectly acceptable also.

People won't agree with each other on everything; but lets try to be a little more clear and honest in our discussions. The whole beating around the bush thing isn't cool.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So, why didn't you say what you were thinking when you made the thread?

Why did you think it could be a bad thing?

It really appears that you had a clear implication, but instead of owning up to it you're going on about people assuming things. Putting it on others instead of taking a little responsibility for starting a topic that could be touchy. The very fact that you mentioned that you are happy that the thread was so calm shows that you knew there was potential for people getting rubbed the wrong way.

Let's be clear. You have every right to your opinion. But for goodness sake, if you're going to start the thread you should own it instead of pretending you're running for political office and being purposely unclear and evasive. It brings the whole discussion lower because you are insulting our intelligence.

If your opinion is that Fox News is bad, then whoop dee doo. Not a big deal. If you changed your mind after posting, then "my bad" is perfectly acceptable also.

People won't agree with each other on everything; but lets try to be a little more clear and honest in our discussions. The whole beating around the bush thing isn't cool.

Your way or the highway, huh? Your interpretation (I'm being kind) is the only valid one and the OP needs to apologize with a "my bad" and he's also "beating around the bush" as well as ducking like a politician. Guess what? Opinions are like A-holes, everybody's got one. When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Your way or the highway, huh? Your interpretation (I'm being kind) is the only valid one and the OP needs to apologize with a "my bad" and he's also "beating around the bush" as well as ducking like a politician. Guess what? Opinions are like A-holes, everybody's got one. When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
You have a problem with asking for clarity?

I'm stating that the original post has an opinion implied in it.

If that's not what was meant, then clarification should be done.

Posting a leading question aand then commenting about "assumptions" is unproductive and evasive.

If you have an opinion, own it. If you change your mind, then "my bad" is fine.

I guess clarity makes you nervous for some reason.

BTW... You're attempt at being an internet tough guy looks pretty silly.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Wait, what? He's asking for clarity on the meaning of the post since it has a loaded question. Most of us have carried on a conversation here based upon our opinions that were brought up by the natural discourse of the thread. If the OP doesn't like that, or doesn't understand it. Shouldn't he clarify what he was asking for? He doesn't have to, but then again we don't have to stop our current line of discussion either.

Aren't you the one that suggested we ask for clarity from the OP...

This is a ridiculous proposition. That's like answering your own question. The OP asked a question, if YOU are confused about the query you reply "What do you mean?". There were enough responses to warrant an open discussion which basically means that you are the one who's welcome to leave the conversation.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait, what? He's asking for clarity on the meaning of the post since it has a loaded question. Most of us have carried on a conversation here based upon our opinions that were brought up by the natural discourse of the thread. If the OP doesn't like that, or doesn't understand it. Shouldn't he clarify what he was asking for? He doesn't have to, but then again we don't have to stop our current line of discussion either.

Aren't you the one that suggested we ask for clarity from the OP...

Yes, after he was blasted for implying things that weren't in the text of the thread. All of a sudden, clarity is being demanded or an apology given. Can't have it both ways.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You have a problem with asking for clarity?

I'm stating that the original post has an opinion implied in it.

If that's not what was meant, then clarification should be done.

Posting a leading question aand then commenting about "assumptions" is unproductive and evasive.

If you have an opinion, own it. If you change your mind, then "my bad" is fine.

I guess clarity makes you nervous for some reason.

BTW... You're attempt at being an internet tough guy looks pretty silly.

I don't have a problem with it, but apparently you do. Now you're pounding the drums of civility and wanting clarity. Give it up. You want the OP to admit to things he never said but you won't admit you jumped the gun and let your imagination fly. I'm out.

BTW, I don't need to be an internet "tough guy". When I'm wrong, so be it. You should try the same instead of coming off as a whiney little kid who needs to get his way and win every argument.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, after he was blasted for implying things that weren't in the text of the thread. All of a sudden, clarity is being demanded or an apology given. Can't have it both ways.

Regardless of whether we could have it both ways or not, the OP has given us neither.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a problem with it, but apparently you do. Now you're pounding the drums of civility and wanting clarity.

The only person who has been uncivil this entire thread is you.

I didn't just suddenly become civil. The entire thread as been full of people being civil... well, except for you.

As for wanting clarity... that came about because the OP was impressed at the civility of the thread and his belief that people are making "assumptions" here.

Well, if you are going to look down on assumptions, then you should clarify. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of talk and a way of copping out.

If you don't like clarity, then accept that you are creating a thread that REQUIRES assumptions.

Give it up.

Give what up? Discussing on a discussion forum?

You want the OP to admit to things he never said

I just asked for clarity.

but you won't admit you jumped the gun and let your imagination fly. I'm out.

Are you even reading the thread?

How did I "jump the gun?" What gun was there to jump?

Perhaps you're reading your own posts.

BTW, I don't need to be an internet "tough guy". When I'm wrong, so be it. You should try the same instead of coming off as a whiney little kid who needs to get his way and win every argument.

Read the thread again.

What is it that you want? You want me to censor my opinion because you said so? Because you said that if you wanted my opinion you'd give it to me?
You might want to think about your behavior. It looks like it could be embarrassing for you to call others childish.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Huh? All he was saying is if the OP doesn't like where this thread has headed, he should clarify what he meant in his loaded question. Otherwise, just accept the fact that the discussion naturally progressed the way that it did.

Sometimes I feel like you draw a lot of BS out of nothing. You make **** up just get everyone all worked up.

It's funny how we all discussed politics and racial issues really well, which are normally very emotional and inflammatory subjects. But then you start a he said she said argument and it explodes. Your posts are simply inflammatory.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Huh? All he was saying is if the OP doesn't like where this thread has headed, he should clarify what he meant in his loaded question. Otherwise, just accept the fact that the discussion naturally progressed the way that it did.

Sometimes I feel like you draw a lot of BS out of nothing. You make **** up just get everyone all worked up.

It's funny how we all discussed politics and racial issues really well, which are normally very emotional and inflammatory subjects. But then you start a he said she said argument and it explodes. Your posts are simply inflammatory.

Do me a favor, hit the ignore button on me. Really.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My point being is that they continue to propagate racist belief when there is none. And ignore the outrage if it's not if their race.
Your statement shows your ignorance. Al Sharpton is an activist for civil rights
and that doesn't mean he promotes a racist agenda. If you have a link to back up your bigoted statement please post it. The reason Fox has the highest ratings is because most of the time their not reporting factual news. If naked news was legal and uninformative it would have the highest ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99