Bing wallpaper not updating?

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So my Bing Desktop wallpaper has stopped updating for some reason... on my Windows 8.1 laptop and Surface 2. any way to force the update? Bing search and their backgrounds seem fine. My WP8 Lumia is not affected. The last image is that of an Ice flow from last week and its annoying that its not changing. Any ideas?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem on my Lumia 925, only when I choose the Bing wallpapers I don't even get them. Just a wallpaper with leaves and nothing helps (tried restart and soft reset).

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I found I had this problem on my Win8 desktop. The Bing Search was minimised to the task bar. Putting it back on the desktop forced a update of the Bing screen.
Well, that worked for me.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Well its solved, but the fix only came when i re selected Bing's daily wallpaper app (via desktop appearance settings) on my Win 8.1 laptop. It refreshed on there and then a few seconds after, my Surface updated. All matching now, not quite sure how that happens with devices being connected like this.. Anyone know what is going on? both the laptop and my Surface2 are connected to the same MS account as you might expect but it seems the Surface is behaving as if it is 'slaved' to the laptop? Can this be right?

AlexSaraBj

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
hi,

have you solved the problem with the bing update of the wallpaper on Nokia Lumia? i have since 2 weeks the same problem

thank you
Alex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss