So much hate for Bing

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
As a Bing user its just sad to see so much hate towards the search engine which is constantly growing (see something new added every so often)
Look at the comments for this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B759dzymyoc
At the end of the video they show a bing "guy" all alone, and in the comments you can see everyone trashing Bing.

Seems like Microsoft screwed Bing right from the start by making it look like "bloatware" when they bundled it into Internet Explorer and other browsers, and now its hated as much as Internet Explorer is... :unhappy:

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
As a Bing user its just sad to see so much hate towards the search engine which is constantly growing (see something new added every so often)
Look at the comments for this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B759dzymyoc
At the end of the video they show a bing "guy" all alone, and in the comments you can see everyone trashing Bing.

Seems like Microsoft screwed Bing right from the start by making it look like "bloatware" when they bundled it into Internet Explorer and other browsers, and now its hated as much as Internet Explorer is... :unhappy:
I always wondered why so much hate on bing I love it

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I did Bing's test where they ask you to try 5 searches and show results from Bing and Google, then tell you which one you should use. It told me I should use Google. I don't like Google, but they were right that I get more relevant results there for the kind of searches I make.

I'm glad that in WP8 you can change IE's search engine to Google.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I did Bing's test where they ask you to try 5 searches and show results from Bing and Google, then tell you which one you should use. It told me I should use Google. I don't like Google, but they were right that I get more relevant results there for the kind of searches I make.

I'm glad that in WP8 you can change IE's search engine to Google.

What version of WP8 are you running, because I can't change it (not that I'd want to) on my 8X running update 3.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
5u6a7yma.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. So it's only available for Lumias running the Nokia black firmware.
I'm not sure if it requires Black or not. It might be only for Nokia devices though. I didn't get my device until Black was already available, so I don't know if Nokia Amber had it or not.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Blasted Bing ... it's a nuisance :eck:

Glad Google search has perks like "Rewards" for searching so I can get stuff from that play store thingy ...

Kidding!

techcorestudio

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I love bing. I made sure it was one of the first things I downloaded on my iPhone. I also like how on the iPhone I have bing rewards and can access them directly from my phone.

tejedor1967

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I like Bing but... Why in earth lot of its freebies doesn't work outside the States?

In Spain doesn't work: Rewards, Image Match, Timeline nor Snapshot.

The problem is I can understand Rewards not working since the offers are from the US. I barely understand Timeline not working because the provided information is not translated... OK.

But... why on earth Image Match or Snapshot are not working????

This is what I hate the most about using BING outside of the States.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even sure why people hate Internet Explorer. I've always used it and never had problems. I have to use Firefox at work (Linux) and I've tried Opera, but I just like how Internet Explorer is simple and clean... I use Bing cause I don't like Google and I've always found what I needed... I still don't understand the browsers vs search engines 'war'. If it gets me to web and helps me find what I what, who cares?

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I started using Bing from Sept 2013, even though its quite basic in India. But I just love to use it, and actually faster than Google from my connection.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I will tell why bing is hated: because it sucks ball everywhere except in USA, which is funny, microsoft cares the most about America, and America cares the less about Microsoft...

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
True, but outside of USA, cause I'm from Am?rica and bing sucks here! So the have to focus on International market as Google does!

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
True, but outside of USA, cause I'm from Am?rica and bing sucks here! So the have to focus on International market as Google does!

I don't know what you are saying?

I use Internet Explorer and BING all the time and couldn't be happier and have been saying so in a few posts lately. I do use googles Youtube from time to time but today when I signed on most of my "subscribed" were gone? Probably a coincidence.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I use Internet Explorer and BING all the time and couldn't be happier and have been saying so in a few posts lately. I do use googles Youtube from time to time but today when I signed on most of my "subscribed" were gone? Probably a coincidence.

where you come from?

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

If your regions if configured to USA, you will have nice results, but you config it to let's say, Dominican Republic, it will show **** results

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb