03-22-2015 04:24 PM
48 12
tools
    As a Bing user its just sad to see so much hate towards the search engine which is constantly growing (see something new added every so often)
    Look at the comments for this video:

At the end of the video they show a bing "guy" all alone, and in the comments you can see everyone trashing Bing.

Seems like Microsoft screwed Bing right from the start by making it look like "bloatware" when they bundled it into Internet Explorer and other browsers, and now its hated as much as Internet Explorer is...
    raul_junior and Dk92 like this.
    03-18-2014 10:23 PM
    As a Bing user its just sad to see so much hate towards the search engine which is constantly growing (see something new added every so often)
    Look at the comments for this video:

At the end of the video they show a bing "guy" all alone, and in the comments you can see everyone trashing Bing.

Seems like Microsoft screwed Bing right from the start by making it look like "bloatware" when they bundled it into Internet Explorer and other browsers, and now its hated as much as Internet Explorer is...
    I always wondered why so much hate on bing I love it
    03-18-2014 10:57 PM
    Over one video?
    xandros9 and tgp like this.
    03-18-2014 11:05 PM
    Over one video?
    Its more about being "forced" to use Bing back when Microsoft used to bundle it with IE with the really bad toolbars and what not
    03-19-2014 01:51 AM
    I did Bing's test where they ask you to try 5 searches and show results from Bing and Google, then tell you which one you should use. It told me I should use Google. I don't like Google, but they were right that I get more relevant results there for the kind of searches I make.

I'm glad that in WP8 you can change IE's search engine to Google.
    03-19-2014 06:44 PM
    I did Bing's test where they ask you to try 5 searches and show results from Bing and Google, then tell you which one you should use. It told me I should use Google. I don't like Google, but they were right that I get more relevant results there for the kind of searches I make.

I'm glad that in WP8 you can change IE's search engine to Google.
    What version of WP8 are you running, because I can't change it (not that I'd want to) on my 8X running update 3.
    03-19-2014 07:37 PM

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    03-19-2014 08:07 PM

It's in Internet Explorer advanced settings in Nokia Black.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    iOS Gravity and Rem97 like this.
    03-19-2014 08:08 PM
    Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. So it's only available for Lumias running the Nokia black firmware.
    03-19-2014 08:36 PM
    Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. So it's only available for Lumias running the Nokia black firmware.
    I'm not sure if it requires Black or not. It might be only for Nokia devices though. I didn't get my device until Black was already available, so I don't know if Nokia Amber had it or not.
    03-19-2014 08:44 PM
    Blasted Bing ... it's a nuisance

Glad Google search has perks like "Rewards" for searching so I can get stuff from that play store thingy ...

Kidding!
    03-19-2014 09:14 PM
    I love bing. I made sure it was one of the first things I downloaded on my iPhone. I also like how on the iPhone I have bing rewards and can access them directly from my phone.
    03-25-2014 11:16 AM
    I like Bing but... Why in earth lot of its freebies doesn't work outside the States?

In Spain doesn't work: Rewards, Image Match, Timeline nor Snapshot.

The problem is I can understand Rewards not working since the offers are from the US. I barely understand Timeline not working because the provided information is not translated... OK.

But... why on earth Image Match or Snapshot are not working????

This is what I hate the most about using BING outside of the States.
    03-25-2014 11:59 AM
    I'm not even sure why people hate Internet Explorer. I've always used it and never had problems. I have to use Firefox at work (Linux) and I've tried Opera, but I just like how Internet Explorer is simple and clean... I use Bing cause I don't like Google and I've always found what I needed... I still don't understand the browsers vs search engines 'war'. If it gets me to web and helps me find what I what, who cares?
    03-26-2014 10:28 AM
    I started using Bing from Sept 2013, even though its quite basic in India. But I just love to use it, and actually faster than Google from my connection.
    03-26-2014 10:33 AM
    I will tell why bing is hated: because it sucks ball everywhere except in USA, which is funny, microsoft cares the most about America, and America cares the less about Microsoft...
    03-26-2014 10:08 PM
    True, but outside of USA, cause I'm from Amrica and bing sucks here! So the have to focus on International market as Google does!
    Malcolm Rodrigues likes this.
    03-26-2014 10:21 PM
    True, but outside of USA, cause I'm from Amrica and bing sucks here! So the have to focus on International market as Google does!
    I don't know what you are saying?

I use Internet Explorer and BING all the time and couldn't be happier and have been saying so in a few posts lately. I do use googles Youtube from time to time but today when I signed on most of my "subscribed" were gone? Probably a coincidence.
    03-26-2014 11:05 PM

I use Internet Explorer and BING all the time and couldn't be happier and have been saying so in a few posts lately. I do use googles Youtube from time to time but today when I signed on most of my "subscribed" were gone? Probably a coincidence.

where you come from?
    03-27-2014 07:41 AM

If your regions if configured to USA, you will have nice results, but you config it to let's say, Dominican Republic, it will show **** results
    hs k likes this.
    03-28-2014 02:35 PM
    If your regions if configured to USA, you will have nice results, but you config it to let's say, Dominican Republic, it will show **** results

that's the big true, so like I said, it just work well inside USA
    03-28-2014 03:13 PM
    that's the big true, so like I said, it just work well inside USA
    Which is why bing recives so much hate.
    03-28-2014 05:46 PM
    Honestly for what I use a search engine here Bing sucks!
    03-28-2014 05:49 PM
    04-01-2014 06:55 PM
    I don't understand the hate either. Bing searches work just as great as google searches with added incentives for things like app vouchers and whatnot. I haven't used google search in a year.
    04-01-2014 06:58 PM
48 12