Bing cancelled my wife's Reward account

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Customer Advocacy says there is nothing they can do.

At this point, I am done. Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Back to Google I go.

So were you using what you considered to be an inferior product just to get rewards? Or were you just inputting fifteen searches a day to get freebies?

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I think you should just be happy all your accounts not been blocked. You obviously took advantage of the system by having a total of 9 accounts between the 3 of you. So why not just be happy with the FREE stuff you have already received and get on with your life and stop whining about it. Seems u did quite well out of it for a whole.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you should just be happy all your accounts not been blocked. You obviously took advantage of the system by having a total of 9 accounts between the 3 of you. So why not just be happy with the FREE stuff you have already received and get on with your life and stop whining about it. Seems u did quite well out of it for a whole.

Way to pay attention. 3 accounts TOTAL. 1 per person. I did not take advantage of the system. But thanks for taking time out of your day.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So were you using what you considered to be an inferior product just to get rewards? Or were you just inputting fifteen searches a day to get freebies?

We were using Bing because it provided us the opportunity to get rewards. We were able to turn these rewards into apps for our WP and games for our Xbox.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
We were using Bing because it provided us the opportunity to get rewards. We were able to turn these rewards into apps for our WP and games for our Xbox.

Don't get me wrong, I would be bummed if that had happened to me. That being said, the program is really designed to be a reward for Bing users and not a program to get Google users to make 30 phony searches a day and pay them for it. I'd say if you are going to go back to Google you should be happy to be able to return to your preferred search engine. They aren't giving you any better of a deal than Bing is. To be honest, if you had just used Bing normally instead of trying to max the rewards you wouldn't have encountered this problem. Good luck!

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I would be bummed if that had happened to me. That being said, the program is really designed to be a reward for Bing users and not a program to get Google users to make 30 phony searches a day and pay them for it. I'd say if you are going to go back to Google you should be happy to be able to return to your preferred search engine. They aren't giving you any better of a deal than Bing is. To be honest, if you had just used Bing normally instead of trying to max the rewards you wouldn't have encountered this problem. Good luck!

Bing was my main search engine. I never said I was a Google user making phony searches, where are you making these assumptions? Because I said I was going back to Google? There is now no advantage in Bing's favor, plus going through this stupid issue, makes me not want to use it anymore.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Bing was my main search engine. I never said I was a Google user making phony searches, where are you making these assumptions? Because I said I was going back to Google? There is now no advantage in Bing's favor, plus going through this stupid issue, makes me not want to use it anymore.

If you are switching from Bing to Google over this, I question your motivations. Like I said, this is a reward program for Bing users. You aren't really a Bing user--you were obviously only in it for the rewards. Call it karma if you want. Anyway, best of luck.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you are switching from Bing to Google over this, I question your motivations. Like I said, this is a reward program for Bing users. You aren't really a Bing user--you were obviously only in it for the rewards. Call it karma if you want. Anyway, best of luck.

What difference does it make to Microsoft? It's rewards for using Bing. They shouldn't care whether or not you're using it for that reason. That's precisely why they have the reward system; to encourage people to use Bing. I'm sure if they could eliminate the rewards for people who would use Bing anyway, they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077