Bing for Schools works! Get a Surface RT w/type Cover for 30k points

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am a high school computer instructor. Not as active on WPCentral as I'd like to be, but try to chime in when I have helpful information.

Starting this school year, my Highschool students in my class started working towards our Bing points to submit for the Surface through the Bing for schools program. When first starting it seemed a little far fetched because of how simple the math was. Around 15 points a day with 30 students would take around 70 days. Couldn't ask them to donate ALL of their points, however most were happy to. Most didn't do it on the weekend, didn't have time some days, so it took a bit longer than we'd like, but we got the points and it came in last week!

For those of you wondering if its worth it... assuming 500 points nets a $5 gift card on average, the 30,000 points would equal $300. The program was setup to send out 32 GB Surface RTs with a touch cover, but the Bing for Schools team decided to up it to a 64 GB Surface RT with a Type cover. Per Microsoft and Best Buys website, a 64 GB Surface RT runs around $300. The type cover is another $130. Also, no tax or shipping. Not a bad investment. Hopefully we can try to get a few more next year as this program will be up and running indefinitely.

Thanks Bing!

WP_20140428_10_47_33_Pro.jpg

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
64GB is a nice deal. Sadly , bing rewards and school program aren't available in my country. Students don't have laptop or office. This would be a great deal as they can use bing for school assignments and use office for creating documents , presentations.

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
From what Microsoft has said in regards to Bing and Cortana all over the world, I'm sure it will get there eventually (obviously depending on your specific country). While I can't speak for Microsoft/Bing, the Xbox will be sold in China later this year, so there's hope!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome. It's also great that the students not only helped out, but got to see the results of their work. Good lesson!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs